LG G5 H831 Oreo 8.0 Problems

I'm a Participant Level 2 CherryC
I'm a Participant Level 2

LG G5 H831 Oreo 8.0 Problems

Since I updated to Oreo my LG G5 no longer fast charges and also has mobile network connection issues.

I did a factory reset on my phone to see if this would fix the issue and it did not :Angry:.

For the mobile network, I lose data access intermittently, even though my status icons say LTE / LTE+. I either have to restart my phone or cycle airplane mode on/off. Using the data on/off toggle does not work. This appears to only be a problem if I am on the move, if I stay at home, no issues. If I cycle airplane mode in another location and stay there no problems.

What has LG done so wrong in this update?

Has anyone been able to resolve this? My phone is near useless now :Sad:.

Accepted Solution

Re: LG G5 H831 Oreo 8.0 Problems

@FidoRanya I called LG support, supposedly this Android 8.0 update messed up a lot of LG G5 models (not just the H831) and also caused other further issues for other people (+ finger print reader not working, + wifi not working, etc).

they are working to send out a patch in November or early December. I guess I'll be stuck waiting :Sad:

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 37

Hey @Bryronic,

Welcome to our Community!

I understand that the situation you're in is definitely not pleasant and that you're expecting your device to be fully functional Sad

We haven't received any news yet for the patch that was to be released, have you tried contacting LG for more details?

Also, would you mind clarifying if you have done a full factory reset or rather a network reset in the phone's Setting?

Keep us posted.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 37
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 Bryronic
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi @FidoClaudia,

I contacted LG about the issue.  They said that "normally," it would cost $350-$400 to fix the phone, but if I acted now I can get it fixed for only $200.  So, needless to say, I am not happy with that response.  To me, this is a manufacturer/software issue that is not unique to my phone, so they should be stepping up and fixing this on their dime.

I have not done a full factory reset, as one of the Fido customers in this thread said that did not work for them.  I went to a Fido booth and one of the people working there did a network reset in the phone's settings.  I also call Fido and they did a network reset (a "shot," I think she called it), and that did not work either.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 37

Hey @Bryonic

Did LG mention what they believed was wrong with your device?  Also, did they verify with you if the phone was still under warranty?

Keep us posted!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 37

Hey @Bryonic

Were you able to get this resolved?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 37
I'm a Participant Level 1 Rygy101
I'm a Participant Level 1

Having major issues connecting to data on my phone.. I have to put it into airplane mode Then back, for my internet to work for a couple minutes before it cuts out

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 37
I'm a Contributor Level 3 ryadav
I'm a Contributor Level 3

This evening my LG G5 H831 became a zombie. I restarted the phone but I can go beyond login screen as when I try to add pin it does automatically fill and gives warning that this and that cannot login screen working like a ghost .. ghostly behavior as a results neither can accept calls nor make one ..Very weird. Please guide what to do.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 37
Former Moderator FidoValeska
Former Moderator

Hey @Rygy101

Welcome to the community Smiley 

That definitely doesn't sound right. 

Have you tried completing a reset of the network settings? 

If not, here is how to do it: 

1. From a Home screen, navigate: Settings > System > Reset. If there are multiple tabs to choose from in Settings, tap on the Menu icon (located in the upper-right) and tap List view.
  2. Tap Network settings reset.
  3. Tap RESET SETTINGS.
  4. Tap Reset SettingsLG.

Let me know if you can see a difference with the data connection!

In regards to your situation @ryadav,  I can understand your concern regarding the phone's behaviour. 

Have you tried performing a hard reset on the phone? 

To do so, you would need to follow these simple steps: 

• Before resetting your phone, try to turn it off and then on again. ...
  • Press and hold the Volume down and Power buttons until the LG logo appears on the screen.
  • Keeping the Volume down button held down, release the Power button then immediately press and hold it again.

Let me know if that helps! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 17 of 37
I'm a Contributor Level 3 ryadav
I'm a Contributor Level 3

I will do a hard reset as i cannot enter the phone. If i can fine else i would file it for warranty

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 18 of 37

Sounds good @ryadav

Can you keep us posted on if the reset works for you? Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 19 of 37

Hey @ryadav

Did performing a hard reset of your device help?

Let us know!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 20 of 37