Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4 boot looping

Srouji6
I'm a participant level 2

Hello,

My name is Joe, and unfortunately my phone keeps looping during the boot. Apparrently its a known problem and I'm wondering if Fido can help me?

***Edited to add labels***

8 REPLIES 8

Srouji6

I contacted the WhiteOaks London Fido store and right away the lady told me to bring in the phone in to the store to send off to LG at no charge and I can get a loaner phone...Great Customer Service 

Hey @Srouji6

Since with the warranty on your phone, you have the possibility to send the phone for repair if there is any issue.

Did you get a chance to visit one of our stores already?

gchan-vancouver
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

my G4 is suffering bootloop issue recently, then I learned all the stories about it

note the most updated status is LG extends warranty for G4 with this issue for extra 9months, thus 21months in total.  I wonder will Fido provide support to customers managing shipment for repair, alike other Canadian carriers?

Welcome to the community @gchan-vancouver!

That's a pretty good question. Give me some time to check it out for you and I'll be back as soon as I have an answer for you Smiley 

Morning @gchan-vancouver

If your phone is out of warranty, you need to send it directly to LG. LG will look at your phone and determine if it’s eligible for replacement.

You can call LG at 1-800-553-9169, Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. ET.

Cheers!

JANR

LG will fix my phone free of charge. Unfortunately they need to factory reset the device so I will lose all the photos I stupidly never backed up, including photos and videos of my parents who both passed away recently.   For those who are reading this post and may have had their LG G4 fixed by LG, did they have to factory reset your phone?

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Community!

Anyone have any insight for @JANR's situation?

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@Srouji6 Welcome to the community!

if your phone is still under warranty you can send it in for repair either through Fido or contact LG directly. If its out of warranty you can contact LG I know they were fixing all LG G4 with boot loops for free so I would contact then directly.