cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4 phone problems

betts
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I renewed my Fido contract 4 months ago and upgraded my phone to the LG G4 as it was heavily pitched to me that it was an excellent phone to accommodate my small business needs. So far from what was expected. The battery has no life...it drains in less than 4 hours even in standby- it has gotten progressively worse over the last 3 weeks. I thought it was the phone settings or apps, but is not the case. Texting is never consistent and freezes often or won't let me send messages to many ppl. The phone gets hot when using certain apps...and most recently, I found the phone itself is specifically not compatible with a number of smart devices.  Online research has confirmed this. The phone is less than efficient and unreliable to operate my business and has resulted in lost productivity. I don't have an issue with the phone plan, itself, but I was willing to pay extra for an alternate phone at the time but feel I was pushed to get this phone. I know what the standard Fido options are available to me, but they aren't options to me at this point based on my circumstance. 

** Edited to add labels **

2 REPLIES 2

Jim555
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3
Complain to LG directly, pay them $150.00 for flate rate repair and you will get a phone that works. My wife's G4 was glitchy right out of box and refused warranty at 1 month old. Was told corrosion on pins. The guy at LG who took phone looked at all water marks and none were stained. He was surprised and admitted GPS problem with my G5. DO NOT BUY LG!

FidoChristina
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @betts

Have you taken the phone in to a Fido store? Freezing and heating are not usual behaviors for any device so if you've had it for less than a year, I'd definitely take it in to get checked out.

You can find the closest store near you by using our Store locator.

Keep us posted!