cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 7 plus Visual Voicemail Unavailable

jpk
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Greetings. I did an iPhone upgrade from 6 to 7 plus - because 6 was getting too slow with recent updates. The visual voice mail on the 7 plus does not work, eventhough the messages are still accessible when dialling. I have called Fido, which transferred me to Rogers, but they had no real solution (until they cut the communication on their hand ...). I also spent quiet a bit of time checking forums. One of the things I did was to reset the network settings. Note that when I go in the phone and then voicemail settings, changing the password is not possible (I don't get the "ok" after doing the operation). So I am really perplexed. And I fear calling customer service will result in lots of wasted times and unsure results. So I am attempting here, hoping someone will have some idear. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Let us know if you figured this out and how @jpk!

I'm sure the info will be helpful to others Smiley

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Welcome to the Community @jpk!

Do you currently have the $7 value pack for iPhones on your account? In order to benefit from iPhone Visual Voicemail, the feature must be active on the account, and it's part of our value packs. The value pack enhances our plans by adding:

- Name Display (must have Call Display to benefit from this feature)

- Premium Voicemail-To-Text with 35 voice messages  or iPhone visual voicemail

- US & International Premium Calling Rate to mobile and landline phones (just 1 cent a minute to the US, and other countries start at 2 cents per minute!) detailed rates can be found here

- WhoCalled

- 2,500 Call Forwarding Minutes

If you do not have it, let us know as well and we can send you a PM to add it for you!

If you do have the value pack, and it's the iPhone version, is your data turned on? Data services must be active for Visual Voicemail on an iPhone to work.

Let us know and we'll go from there!