Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am out of job and out of the country

nelson2000
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Please, I need help.

I want to downgrade my plan or even stop it completely. I am on a fido payment plan of $45/month, and I pay a phone bill(paying for a new phone) of $60/month. I am out of the country and I wont need wireless service till end of the year. Please I will love to pause my service Bill's. I dont need any phone services because I am out of rhe country. I dont mind paying my monthly phone bill. 

My Bills are mounting and I am out of job for now.

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Nelson2000,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about your situation. Since your agreement is with Fido's newer Payment Program, your options are a little more flexible than if your agreement were subsidised. Depending on your current plan, you might be able to switch to a different plan. However, you should note that you can only change your plan within the same plan category (for example Data, Talk & Text to Data, Talk & Text) without having to pay-out the balance of your device. If you decide to change to a different category (for example Data, Talk & Text to Talk & Text) you will be charged your outstanding Fido Payment Program balance. The charge will be applied to your following bill (taken from link above).

Alternatively, you might consider requesting a temporary suspension of your current services. You should note that the suspension is on your services only. You would still be required to pay your existing monthly financing payments (see here). The temporary suspension is available for 2 to 12 months. As far as I am aware, the temporary suspension is $7 per month (see here).

As mentioned above, you would need to contact customer service. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @nelson2000,

Welcome to the community!

Since you have a phone with Fido it would mean you have an agreement and you not qualify to have your account temporarily suspended. 

It would be best to contact customer service directly and they can better advise you of your options depending on the status of your account.

You can reach out to them even from outside of the country through any of the available methods listed here.