Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S8 reservation and release time

peyngn2
I'm a participant level 2

Hi
I reserved my Galaxy S8 on fido website today. I have a question about the place in the queue: if, for example, my place in the queue is 50, does this mean I am the 50th Fido customer who reserves the phone or just the 50th Fido customer of the pickup location which I choose at the time of reservation? So basically is it 50 in the whole country or just in the pick up location?

** Edited to add labels **

50 REPLIES 50

Ymets2k02
I'm a contributor level 1
Service n customer serv is great but the site on kudoo says i can get s8+ with vr headset this week so we will see, alot of people that dont wanna wait should switch but bybnow takes 3-4 days after 21st at this time , dead line was a day or 2 ago

Chris38
I'm a participant level 3

I just hope samsung will not be out of stock for the gear vr while we are waiting

kevindqc

Nobistik
I'm a participant level 1

"http://mobilesyrup.com/2017/04/17/rogers-fido-samsung-galaxy-s8-pre-orders-likely-wont-be-ready-apr...

So apparently someone forgot to upload the IMEI database.. lol"

Ha funny story that was me who reported that!

About to call them to see if there's any change as they said call an hour before end of business day, but I think we all know how that phone call's unfortuantely going to go.

tonmos
If that's the case why advertise that if we we're to preorder before aprill 11 that we could get it as early as april 17???

Hey guys!

As soon as your device is available the store will contact you to let you know you can come pick it up!

Walidlm
You guys are the worst possible, we are the 17th right? Ordered on the 4th, I'm at the store and was welcomed by "can't sell it" and client care reps are not even aware that the promotion exists, I'd rather go with an other company now

Walidlm
My position in line was 180... Until today, the website is not giving the information any more is that normal?

Hi @Chris38 & welcome to the Community! Smiley

The launch date is April 21st.

Cheers!

Anu33

Mine now provides UPS tracking which states that it is being delivered to Fido Store today.

Does that mean I can pick it up or should I wait for an email/phone call?

rajmohan

I got mine delivered to the store. But the store people said I can only pick it up on 17th.

Ymets2k02

Thats great to know! I am number 27 but still shows OPEN but i am doubtful i can get it by 17th . we will see

oboreo_
Why not just preorder in Best Buy? What's the difference... Fido charges a reservation fee

jakescc

The reservation fee gets reimbursed once you pick it up. I pre-orded mine and it shipped tuesday, arrived at the fido store wednesday, but they werent able to sell it to me (they had it sitting on the counter in front of me but then realized they weren't allowed to sell them yet). Supposedly on monday (the 17th) I can pick it up. Also the que is just that, a que. You should slowly more forward in the que as more people's phones ship. I think part of the issue was that our phones shipped, but at least my store had zero stock of the Gear VR to give out with the phone, so those might be scheduled to arrive by the 17th.

Hi @Anu33! Was the email regarding the S8? 

Anu33

Hi@FidoFaiza !

Yes it was regarding the s8 and in the email it said to wait for a call and it'll take 4 business days.

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks @Anu33

Then yes you will have to wait for the call to pick it up as it's not officially launched yet! 

@Walidlm Welcome to the Community! Are you still having that problem?

@Community Is anyone else having the same issue when trying to view the status of reservation?

Chris38

Same for me. I was number 102, and now there is no information.

edit : what is the release date for the canada, is it the 20 or the 21 april ?

carlo
I reserved my s8 online for pickup at Fido store.. when I pickup the device can I just buy it outright I don't want to add another plan just want to purchase the phone when I pick it up

Hey @carlo!

That won't be a problem Smiley