cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 111. I cannot send messages

Frédérick
I'm a participant level 1

I have a big issue with my phone a LG 7Thinq. I can't send a text message to someone outside my region. I receive them but when I reply the message is in red and it shows : cannot send, try again. When I try it says Error 111. I found nothing about it.I contacted LG support and it is not the phone. I reset and did everything but it still fail. I pay for unlimited Canada/ U.S. texto and calls but I can't do anything

7 REPLIES 7

lostmytoy
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

My wife has same issues. Tried restarting phone and uninstalled messages app still not working. It's only happening to one person number what could be the problem?

Hey @lostmytoy!

The issue might be coming from that one contact. I would suggest to contact them first. 

I will need to ask you a few quick questions to understand your situation.

Let us know if you were able to check with them or not. 

Ali111

I am getting error 111 when I try to text another Canadian number that I have texted with many times before.

Other texts are working and I have restarted my phone.

Hey @Ali111

Welcome to the Fido Community!

Are you getting this error when you send a message to one particular number, or is it affecting more than one number (contact)?

Are they with Fido as well?

Typically, if you are able to text other numbers as well as your own, then the issue is not with Fido's network.

Let us know.

tiger100

I think it was the network for the phone I was texting on not a Fido issue because all other phone numbers work ok

To confirm, are you able to send a message finally?

Let us know! 😃

FidoValerie

Hi @Frédérick !

Welcome to the Community Smiley

I'm sorry to learn that you're having trouble sending text messages.

I'll need to ask you a few questions to get to the bottom of this!

1. When you say you're trying to send messages outside your region, do you mean numbers from outside Canada? If so, which countries?

2. Has this just started happening, or was it always this way?

Let us know!