Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canceled fido account

I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I got my phone and fido sim in 2022 and then my husband take that may be he send that to his family back in india . Even sim was with him i was not using any thing bit it was on my name and account. Then due to mess in our realtion ship we never come in contact with each other and i didnt pay any bill . Now i received a mail that if i will not able to pay full amont of 3000 dollas credit acontion will be taken against me . I m so stressed please help me out 



Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Jot4,


  Welcome to the community!


  Sorry to hear of your situation. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what concessions may or may not be available to you given your situation. From what you note, it doesn't sound like the services were cancelled. Post-paid plans would continue (regardless of whether you actually use the services) until you cancel your services. Simply removing the SIM card from the device does not cancel services. You would have needed to contact customer service in order to cancel the services.


  I understand your husband had taken your Fido SIM card. It is unfortunate you had not transferred responsibility (ToR) of that line to him (see here and here). I also understand that may not have initially been a consideration and that your circumstances had changed. Unfortunately, without a ToR, you would ultimately be responsible for the line.


  You should note this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. If you would like to discuss your situation, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.


  I further understand this is a difficult time and receiving such a bill even more distressing. If you're unable to make full payment on the bill, you might consider arranging a payment schedule. To make an arrangement, you'll need to contact the credit operations team. It should also be mentioned that any arrangement would be at the discretion of the credit operations team.


Hope this helps 😀