cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brightstar useless, frustrating, TOTAL SCAM

Jjmiranda
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have been a Fido customer for more than 12 years. Have had insurance coverage at 12$ per month for more than 3 years. Never used it til now. Had to call more than 3 times, with 48 business hours in between for them to okay the repair.... Sent it to them in the mail, waited 14 days to get it back, and got back a phone that is WORSE than the one I sent in. Then when I called them to tell them and get it replaced, they say the IMEI number of the phone I have doesn't match their records....but it's the phone that came to me in the mail??? I am on hold now... 63 minutes so far on the call...this is my 8th call. Everytime I call they say the person before did the wrong thing, I have to wait 48 hrs for then to confirm or clarify, or rectify the details they have.... I am so MAD, frustrated, and pissed off... The program was purchased to relieve stress, to help with automatic replacement or repair. The repair was neither automatic nor stree-free, or easy... And I paid $100+tax for it...on top of the warranty insurance payments. 

3 REPLIES 3

Chupacabra
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

You know what, I was thinking it was going to be a pain in the wazoo. 
Paying ontop of the $15 a month for me x 3 phones just is a waste of money. 
Your post answered my questions on how reliable is this protection and why do we have to pay a deductible?

Im going to cancel mine and just buy really good shock proof, waterproof rugged cases for all 3 of them. 

im sorry that happened to you. I would of been freaking out. I'll can't stand when something we pay for monthly is not properly handling things. 

yhanks for the post

Hello Chupacabra,

Everyone has to make their own decision regarding device protection.

@Chupacabra wrote:...why do we have to pay a deductible?

With any type of insurance, there is some sort of deductible. With the device protection, the deductible is in the form of a repair or replacement processing fee (see here). Those fees should would also be provided in the documentation provided to you when you purchase the device protection.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoPhilippe

Hey @Jjmiranda! Philippe here. I hope you're doing well. Smiley

I'm sad to read about your experience with Brightstar. That certainly not the way we want you to fell after treating with them!

We'll be happy to check-out your options to help you resolve this matter, if you wish. Just request a PM from the community and we'll send you one to assist you.