Brightstar is a Scam

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1

Brightstar is a Scam

I was sold a brightstar device protection warranty through Fido. My camera was cracked and had to pay a 100$ to get it fixed.

When I got my phone back,  weeks later I dipped a supposedly a water resistant (up to 1.5 m and can swim up to 30 min in fresh water) in a 50cm fresh water for less than 5 sec and it broke down.

I contacted Samsung warranty and they said that it is Brightstar's fault becasue after they repair a device, they do not test it for water resistance, so I went forward and contacted Brightstar to explain my case. Their response was they do not guarantee that the device you recieve back after repair will be water resistant. 

So Why not tell users about that ?? you think thats a minor detail !!!! It is not stated in the contract as well. 

Fido should not be affiliated with this entity. As a commodity that relies heavily on brand equity, Brightstar will drag you down and before you know it you'll start losing your customers. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 88
Highlighted

Re: Brightstar is a Scam

BRIGHTSTAR REALLY DON’T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!

My iPhone 8 from Fido dropped to the floor in 3 months ago - both front screen and the backglass cracked, so I filed my first claim with Brightstar and paid $70 processing fee for the repair.

Three months later, I noticed that they should be charged nothing because of the first claim processing fee waiver, so I gave them a call and asked for a refund.

The excuse from Brightstar blow my mind. They stated that the front screen was covered. But for the backglass, I had to pay another $70 processing fee to had it fixed. 

Stupid and ridiculous policy!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 81 of 88
Highlighted
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Deeeli1,

Welcome to the community!

From what you note, Brightstar acted in accordance to the device protection they offered. You should have been provided documentation regarding the device protection when you purchased it. According to the device protection, your first screen break repair will have a $0 processing fee if no other damage is present. You can also view the documentation here.

In addition, the back glass is not considered a screen and would have been subject to processing fees.

Are you saying they are requiring an additional $70? That is, a total of $140 to have the back glass repaired?

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 82 of 88
Highlighted

Unfortunately they did not accept my request of replacement. I still have problem with them right now. Their service attitude is very bad.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 83 of 88
Highlighted

Hey @MEIKUI!

Can you provide us with some more information so we can help guide you?

We'd need to know why the request wasn't approved. Was something wrong with the documentation?

We also do suggest calling Brightstar back, they'll be able to guide you with what to do next.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 84 of 88
Highlighted

My phone has been broken for days. It was complicated enough to get through my carrier and brightstar to obtain the correct inforation (multiple communications). I was sent to a UbreakIfix store to learn they did not have the parts to fix my screen, the parts were ordered over a week ago and had a delivery estimate of 01 day. They marked my phone as unrepairable and i called back Brightstar. Brightstar decided to ship me a replacement phone because having a phone is essential (all of my calls since my phone has stopped working have been made through an old and slow tablet with horrible sound and keeps shutting off). The estimate with UPS was 01 days. After 02 days, i called UPS and they told me it could take TEN EXTRA BUSINESS DAYS (due to covid-19)... which kind of defeats the purpose of understanding my phone is an essential need... I told them it was not okay to have me or anybody else beleive theyre getting their important package in 01 day when its 11+ days. I Called back Brightstar to explain this situation and they basically said its not their problem because they dont control UPS. So now i cant make my ESSENTIAL and URGENT personal admin tasks with deadlines amongst other tasks. I also have very important notes and screenshots that i need to have access to right now! Even though i've been paying for this service, i dont have a phone and every party is simply ''sorry''. 👎👎

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 85 of 88
Highlighted

Hey @Jenniferhlz2

Welcome to the Community Smiley

I can definitely understand it is disappointing to have to wait for your phone. However, due to the current situations, there are delivery delays with UPS, I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 86 of 88
Highlighted

The CEO of Brightstar should be thrown in prision. It makes me even more sick that it's an American company. Fido needs to get their heads out of their asses.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 87 of 88
Highlighted

Thank you for your feedback @mobrien5537

We're always looking for ways to improve our service and we take your feedback very seriously.

If you have any account-related questions feel free to reach out to us here or by sending us a PM through the community. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 88 of 88