cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$120 store credit for accessories

YanGd
I'm a participant level 1

I recently upgraded to an iphone 12 mini (received on Nov 27th) and was told to go at a FIDO store to claim $120 credit for accessories. I went at a store took a look at the accessories on Dec 1st and the lady there told me i have 30 days from when the device was sent to get the accessories. I went back the next day at the same store (Mississauga Marketplace) to purchase air pods with the 5$ dollar credit every month but this time, another staff is telling me they cannot apply the credit. I talked to an agent via agent to hopefully resolve this but to my suprise i was told to go at the store again and find the same lady so that the promotion can be applied and they do not have any way of checking promotions at the store. 

7 REPLIES 7

FidoPhilippe

Hey @YanGd, @vijz and @c95! Philippe here. I hope you're all doing well. Smiley

I'm sad to read about all your experiences in trying to get this offer. That was certainly not our intention when we launched this promotion!

For transparency, I've posted the offer details below: 

• You must visit a Fido-branded store to buy the accessories. Use the Store Locator to find a participating Fido store. Partner retailers don't offer this promotion (e.g.:Walmart, Best Buy, etc.).
  • Limit of 2 offers per account.
  • If you're eligible for the offer twice, you can purchase each accessory bundle for $120 before tax. You can finance accessories at different locations and on different days, within 30 days of activation/device shipment, totalling $120 or more.
  • If you didn’t complete your transaction in a Fido-branded store, you will need to go to a Fido-branded store (within 30 days of activation/device shipment) to complete the accessory financing. 
  • This offer will stay on your account for the number of months stated in the offer description, after which the monthly service fee will return to the regular rate.
  • If you have multiple offers, we apply discounts in dollars before we apply a percentage discount.
  • If you return the accessories, we'll remove the discount.

The participating stores are supposed to know how to apply this offer and I sincerely apologise that they were not able to do that for you all. My suggestion would be to try again, either at the same store or another participating one, so you can take advantage of the offer while you can. If you still have trouble getting this applied in store, please contact us on these channels to see what we can do.

Hope this helps!

amytran

Hello, 

I'm having the same problem with 120$ credit for accessories. So, I saw the next bill after I got the accessories that only 50$ credit being applied, and afterwards, no credits applied ever since, so wonder where 70$ credits missing the whole year?

Hey @amytran

Welcome to the Community. 

Customer service can definitely look into this with you. 
You can reach out to them through any of the channels listed here. Smiley 

c95
I'm a contributor level 1

Thank you for the response, @FidoPhilippe.  It appears there were quite a few of us who qualified for the Black Friday Airpod offer but were unsuccessful in getting it.  I wasted over a dozen hours going to three different stores (two of them twice) and contacting two others.  The stores wouldn't do the upgrade because my hardware upgrade was done online.  I went back after receiving an authorization code from customer service that the store staff didn't know what to do with.

Is there any way for us to get this rectified?  Or are we just going to get the usual "reach out to customer service" runaround?  I'd repeatedly contacted customer service only to be told to go back to the store.   It appears nobody with Fido seems invested in solving this issue themselves.

I'll send you a PM from the community shortly to look into the matter with you @c95.

Talk to you soon!

vijz

Same thing is happening to me.. We are getting different information from Customer care and the stores.. what the kind of business there guys are running.

c95

Sadly, they refuse to solve these problems and allow stores to point to customer service and customer service points back to the store.  This promotion really left a sour taste in my mouth because it was promised and the onus to get the deal was left to the customer to dig for it.  Dreadful.