Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plan not expired (PAYG)

Ashed
I'm a contributor level 1

Good afteroon,

My plan says it expires in April, but now I am not able to receive texts/calls.

thank you,

6 REPLIES 6

Ashed

It's the 30$ pay as you go.

unlimited texts and a certain amount of minutes.

it was paid, and it expires on June 6, but I have been locked out for about a week now.

thank you

Hello Ashhed,

Thank you for the additional information. Just to clarify, what expires June 6th? Are you aware that the pre-paid plans are monthly fees (or daily, depending on plan)? It's possible the balance on your account wouldn't expire until June 6th, however, it seems likely that your monthly plan may have ended.

If your account does not have sufficient funds to pay the plan fee for the following period at the end of any given period, a 30¢/text rate and a 50¢/picture and video text rate apply to each text sent to Canadian wireless numbers (30¢ and 75¢ to US wireless numbers, and 35¢ and 75¢ to international wireless numbers, respectively). Sent/received premium texts and texts sent while roaming are extra (taken from Full Details, here). If your account did not have sufficient funds for the monthly fee, that could explain why you are being charged for sending text messages now.

Similarly, if your account does not have sufficient funds to pay the plan fee for the following period at the end of any given period, a 40 ¢/min rate for local calls will apply to the $30 plan (also taken from Full Details above).

If you no longer have any funds in your account, you would not be able to use any services. To continue to use services, you would need to top-up your account. If you would like to continue with your previous plan details, you would need to ensure the amount you top-up is in excess of $30 (to account for 911 emergency access fees).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Ashed

I understand that and thank you, but why am I still able to call/receive calls if my plan is expired?

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Ashed

If you still have a balance on your account, you will be able to use to use your phone at the rates Cawtau mentioned. However, the usage will be deducted from your balance.

Ashed

Also, why do some texts take money and some don't?! Why are texts taking money?

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @Ashed!

We'd love to help but more details are needed. Can you let us know which plan you have?

Based on your plan, it could explain why some features don't work while others do.

Also, do you know when the plan was last paid? If it's a monthly prepaid plan that would help us determine if it's still active or not.