cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overarge charges

jaypatel7914
I'm a participant level 2

I got charged 50$ extra in overarage charges including this online forum said australia was included to call long distance but Fido charged me and also their store associate informed me about this too 
Did anyone else experienced this?

4 REPLIES 4

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Jaypatel7914,

I previously attempted to reply to your post. Unfortunately, there was some sort of system error which affect that reply's posting. I'm including that original post:

@Cawtau  wrote:

Hello Jaypatel7914,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've incurred unexpected long-distance charges. To clarify, without any promotional calling offer (ie 1000 International minutes) or calling add-on, calling International numbers will incur long-distance charges. None of Fido's offerings include International long-distance calling. That said, I'll assume you have the 1000 International minute promotion with your plan.

I understand some posts in this forum list Australia as one of the included Countries for that promotion. However, you should note that the list has changed depending on when you received that promotion. As far as I am aware, you can view the new list here. Unfortunately, Australia is no longer included. You should have been provided that list when you received that promotional offer.

I understand this is a difficult time and receiving such a bill even more distressing. If you're unable to make full payment on the bill, you might consider trying to arrange a payment schedule. To make an arrangement, you'll need to contact the credit operations department. It should also be mentioned that any arrangement would be at the discretion of the credit operations team.

You should note that the forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. If you wished to discuss your situation, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Unfortunately, if your 1000 International minute promotion is the newer verison, Australia would not be included with that promotion.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoAlex

Hey @jaypatel7914, welcome to the community, Alex here! 

I'm really sorry to see that you received unexpected long-distance charges, I know how frustrating it can be to receive a bill higher than expected. 

If you have a promotion that allows long-distance calls to Australia, you shouldn't be charged. Otherwise, you'll be subject to the regular long-distance rates (see more here).

That being said, you will need to get in touch with our customer service so that we can see exactly what happened and properly help you with this. You can reach out through any of the channels here

jaypatel7914

I reached out to customer service twice but what they say it is not mentioned in plan but your store said that Australia calling is included 

So your customer service said to post it here as they cannot do anything also I cannot go back to same store its far for me 

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Jaypatel7914,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've incurred unexpected long-distance charges. To clarify, without any promotional calling offer (ie 1000 International minutes) or calling add-on, calling International numbers will incur long-distance charges. None of Fido's offerings include International long-distance calling. That said, I'll assume you have the 1000 International minute promotion with your plan.

I understand some posts in this forum list Australia as one of the included Countries for that promotion. However, you should note that the list has changed depending on when you received that promotion. As far as I am aware, you can view the new list here. Unfortunately, Australia is no longer included. You should have been provided that list when you received that promotional offer.

I understand this is a difficult time and receiving such a bill even more distressing. If you're unable to make full payment on the bill, you might consider trying to arrange a payment schedule. To make an arrangement, you'll need to contact the credit operations department. It should also be mentioned that any arrangement would be at the discretion of the credit operations team.

You should note that the forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. If you wished to discuss your situation, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers