cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Primary holder

ishnaz
I'm a contributor level 1

I have 3 lines in my account. I am the account holder. I wanted to transfer my account ownership to my brother who has a line under my account. I just want to change ownership and keep everything else unchanged. What is the process of that?

4 REPLIES 4

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @ishnaz,

What you are looking to do is called a transfer of responsibility and you will need to contact customer service directly to get it done see here for more information, there is also a $50 fee to get it done see here.

ishnaz

Everything will remain the same right? Its just that the credit check will be done of my brother but else all the numbers and everything else will be the same?

ishnaz

my brother is the primary account holder of the account and there are 2 other number on the account. If my brother moves to rogers but the other 2 numbers remain on fido, will it impact anything?

Hello again @ishnaz in your original post, you said you are the account holder now your brother is the account holder.

I'm not sure if you are mixing the numbers up as accounts but there is only one account doesn't matter how many numbers you have or who is using them its just one account and one account holder.

If you are the account holder and you transfer your number to a different provider you still remain the account holder for the Fido account, either way, you will need to contact customer service to get it done they can review your account and better assist you as to what will happen.