I would like my outgoing name displayed to others be changed, so that the caller sees UNKNOWN NAME rather than my first/last name on their caller id. I still want my number displayed, just not the name.
Any assistance fido can provide?
Solved! Go to Solution.
I wanted to provide some additional information on this thread.
The information provided earlier in this thread is still applies:
- The call display name must be the user's first and last name. We can accept preferred first names, e.g.: Liz for Elizabeth, and initials for first names , e.g.: B Tremblay for Benoit Tremblay.
- The display name can be different than the account holder's name, but restrictions apply, such as, representing more than one person, e.g.: John and Jane Smith, displaying only a first name, displaying a nickname, having invalid characters, or, displaying Confidential or Private.
- If the phone is used for business and commercial activities, the display name can be replaced by the company's name.
What's new is that now you can change your display name yourself through our My Account profile by selecting the phone number for which you’d like to change the display name and then clicking on Change Call Display Name. Awesome, right!
Welcome to the community.
Outgoing name displays can be changed to preferred first names or even initials are accepted for the first name. Otherwise we can apply a restriction to your account which will block the outgoing name and number display.
Sadly we cannot change the outgoing name display to show UNKNOWN NAME.
I hope this information was helpful.
So @pe27 can purt UNKNOWN as first name and NAME as last name but if you do this, your invoice it will show UNKNOWN NAME for that number.
I don't imagine what you suggest would be possible. Changing the first and last names to UNKNOWN NAME would mean changing the account holder's name.
From a legal standpoint, how could you verify any information? Driver's licence? Credit card? There's a reason you have to provide various documents indicating a legal name change as proof before they can change the account holder's name. I don't think anyone can legally change their name to UNKNOWN NAME.
From a billing standpoint, who would be liable for charges for UNKNOWN NAME??
@Cawtau all that will be changing is the call display name not the billing name.
@FidoMaria You can look into it again the name display can be change to anything as long as its not profanity or something prohibited, I can say this because I know for a fact it can be done my call display name is...wait for it... first name KAPABLE last name K so it shows as KAPABLE K. I just notice for some reason Fido changed my home phone call display to HOME PHONE.
@KAPABLE-K Here is the exact policy in regards to changing a username:
- It must be the user's first and last name
- It can be different than the account holder's name, but it can't:
- If a phone is used for business and commercial activities, the user's name can be replaced by the company's name