my outgoing name on caller id

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1

my outgoing name on caller id

I would like my outgoing name displayed to others be changed, so that the caller sees UNKNOWN NAME rather than my first/last name on their caller id.  I still want my number displayed, just not the name. 

Any assistance fido can provide? 

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: my outgoing name on caller id

Hey all, 

I wanted to provide some additional information on this thread. 

The information provided earlier in this thread is still applies:

- The call display name must be the user's first and last name. We can accept preferred first names, e.g.: Liz for Elizabeth, and initials for first names , e.g.: B Tremblay for Benoit Tremblay.

- The display name can be different than the account holder's name, but restrictions apply, such as, representing more than one person, e.g.: John and Jane Smith, displaying only a first name, displaying a nickname, having invalid characters, or, displaying Confidential or Private.

- If the phone is used for business and commercial activities, the display name can be replaced by the company's name.

What's new is that now you can change your display name yourself through our My Account profile by selecting the phone number for which you’d like to change the display name and then clicking on Change Call Display Name. Awesome, right!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 19
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1
I'm a Contributor Level 1

How do I block the outgoing name instead of using my initial as my first name.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 19
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Iwilson

This can be done through customer service. I'll send you a PM shortly so we can take care of that Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 19
Highlighted

So Seriously....How?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 19
Highlighted

Hey @numsy

Welcome to the Community! Smiley 

You can change the name display for the outgoing calls by logging into My Account > Services > Mobile > Select your phone number > ``Change Call Display Name``

I hope this helps! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 19
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

So why is this even happening?

I don't want to send my name to everyone.

Is it the same with all the wireless phone companies?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 19
Highlighted

Hey @waterresistro,

Welcome to our Community Smiley

The ability of others to see your name on your outgoing calls depends if they have the Call Display and Name Display feature on their side. 

If you don't want to share your name on every call, I recommend blocking the outgoing name and number display through the Settings of your device directly.

Hope this helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 19
Highlighted

Thank you Claudia, but that is not a real solution because if i don't send my number then how the people that have my number in their contact list would be able to know that it's me calling?

I see everyone from support is going around the answer for my questions. Is it a taboo thing?

Maybe fido sees it as a cool feature but me for one, i don't like going on the bus with my name written on my forehead

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 17 of 19
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

If you would prefer to block your outgoing Caller ID on a per call basis, you can alternately type #31#, free of charge, before each phone call. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 18 of 19
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Solution

Hey all, 

I wanted to provide some additional information on this thread. 

The information provided earlier in this thread is still applies:

- The call display name must be the user's first and last name. We can accept preferred first names, e.g.: Liz for Elizabeth, and initials for first names , e.g.: B Tremblay for Benoit Tremblay.

- The display name can be different than the account holder's name, but restrictions apply, such as, representing more than one person, e.g.: John and Jane Smith, displaying only a first name, displaying a nickname, having invalid characters, or, displaying Confidential or Private.

- If the phone is used for business and commercial activities, the display name can be replaced by the company's name.

What's new is that now you can change your display name yourself through our My Account profile by selecting the phone number for which you’d like to change the display name and then clicking on Change Call Display Name. Awesome, right!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 19 of 19