cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

long distance calls charges

hckk56
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I recently did the calling to the US. It cost a long waiting time cause is the customer service line. I didn't realize it all the waiting time charge for me and the Fido did not send any attention alert message to me. Until I checked last month bill it charged me over $100, and the customer representative does not help. The customer representative refuses to help me to ask for the manager's authorization. They offer plans or free call US but cannot do any refund. Actually, I only talk on the phone for ten mins. The horrible thing is if I did not check my bill, I will get a huge bill again this month. I have been a loyal customer in Fido for four years, but I am very upset and disappoint about this time. 

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Hckk56,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear that you've received unanticipated charges on your bill. However, you should note that the entire duration of calls are considered airtime.

Calls.jpg

~taken from Terms of Service; section 3g.

Unfortunately, if the calls were to a destination considered long-distance, those charges would also apply until the call ends.

You should also note Fido does not provide notifications for long-distance usage. It has always been the customers' responsiblity to monitor their own voice and messaging usage.

I understand it's frustrating to note -- after the fact -- that those charges could have been much less if you had a long-distance calling add-on. Unfortunately, if the calls are already on the system, it isn't possible to retroactively append an account with an add-on.

I also understand this is a difficult time and receiving such a bill even more distressing. If you're unable to make full payment on the bill, you might consider arranging a payment schedule. To make an arrangement, you'll need to contact the credit operations team. It should be mentioned that a payment arrangement might not be available in all situations.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers