Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad Air 10.5 2019 backordered

hghjkgjhgkj
I'm a contributor level 1

Hello,

I received an email saying that my order is still processing and the device I ordered is backordered (The order was placed one week prior). It doesn't say anything else. Can you please give me an estimate of how long it'll be before It is shipped? Even though it is backordered, I am still guaranteed the device, correct? 

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @hghjkgjhgkj,

Once a device is back-ordered the standard waiting period is two weeks before it is shipped, this waiting period can vary depending on a number of different situations.

Once Fido receives the device from the supplier they will ship it out to you.

hghjkgjhgkj

First I was told it would be 1-2 business days. Then after a week of nothing, its automatically a 2 week wait. That's odd and backwards. And why couldn't Fido give me this information? Why withhold that? All rhetorical, no need to answer.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. 

LittleMissC
I'm a participant level 2

I'm having the same issue. I wish they would've warned me. The person told me 3-5 business days. I get that there would be a delay with everything going on but now it's been a lmost a month 😞 and  hasn't even been shipped yet. 

@hghjkgjhgkj Did you finally receive it? How long did it take over all to get I.  

hghjkgjhgkj

Hello @LittleMissC ,

Yes and No. I did not get the product from Fido, I got it from Apple Canada. Let me explain...

I cancelled the order after almost a month of waiting only to be told they still don't know when the device will be available. I suggest you do the same. Went through the usual it'll arrive 1-2 business days (3-5 for some). Then got the confirmation email. Then got the backorder email. After 3 weeks of waiting, I contacted Fido again and they said the same stuff to me about how they don't know when they'll get it (which i believe is BS). Then they blamed coronvavirus and how they can't predict dates, also BS (they couldn't predict dates long before the outbreak). While waiting over 3 weeks for my order, I was watching the Apple Canada website for the exactly same product and it's availability and delivery time--it was ALWAYS available--in fact, immediately available, as in they ship the next day.  So Fido is talking **bleep**. I don't believe they even ordered me the device in the first place. When I was seeing that I could get it within a COUPLE OF DAYS from Apple, I started wondering what the hell is wrong with FIDO?  So, I cancelled the order with FIDO and ordered it directly from Apple and got it 3 days later. Fido LIED about my order being on backorder for 3 weeks.  My Advice: NEVER buy devices from FIDO, their communication with other retailers i.e. Apple is non-existent. Fido must be kept out of the loop for a reason. I would suggest not to buy to subsidize your plan. Buy it online from retailer (Apple in this case), you can alter the colour and memory amount--an option FIDO doesn't give you (Note: Bell, Telus, Rogers (ya, same as fido), Virgin all have the same device and give customizable options. FIDO doesn't allow this for this device. The device (iPad Air 3/10.5" 2019) isn't a high demand device (its also over a year old) considering the new iPads are so much better and newer. FIDO's backorder BS made me realize I was getting being played for a fool so I cancelled and bought directly from manufacturerer (Apple.ca). The only con to this approach: If you buy through Fido I believe it's 15$/month for 4GB. SInce I bought through Apple I did not get this plan upgrade and am paying the same for 3GB. Hope that helps and made sense.  TL;DR: I cancelled the order with FIDO because their could never get it in stock and bought the device directly from Apple (albeit, I upgraded it to 256GB/Space Grey--or you can keep it as the same offered at fido...no price difference...except fido charges an extra 40$ for what exactly to activate??--which most can do in their sleep). Fido is not honest about product availability. With Apple got device in 3 days. With Fido, I never got the device after waiting 3 weeks, so I cancelled it and bought direct from Apple. I've learned my lesson. I continue to stay with Fido because they have cheaper plans, but when time comes for a new phone/tablet, I'll buy it elsewhere from now on and use Fido's plan.

LittleMissC

Thank you !  

I will do just that! Smiley 

hghjkgjhgkj

Hey @LittleMissC ,

Sorry, I don't know what city you're trying to order from. I just looked at the Apple Canada website. The exact item Fido claims to offer is available on the apple.ca site and you can get it within a week (4 May - 5 May) if you live in the GTA, or less if in Toronto. For me, delivery was via UPS. Hope that helps.

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 12.30.27.png