extra charge

Yjddong106
I'm a participant level 2

My one of friend called me a lot of time 

one day I check my bill Fido charge me incall as well 

It cost about 400!!!!!!! 

there are no charge incall any company lol 

I use Fido for over 2years and no delay pay date but they don't give me any benefit about the bill 

How can I use this company ???????????? 

5 REPLIES 5

Mrcovenant
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Why you charged me ?????

Hey @Mrcovenant

You should be able to see the details of any charge through your invoice. You can check out the different ways to access the detailed billing right from here. Smiley 

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Yjddong106,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you received that awful surprise on your bill. It's unfortunate you did not understand how calls are charged. You should note that most North American mobile providers charge airtime for both incoming and outgoing calls (see here). This implementation is different from some other countries (ie Ireland) where incoming calls are not charged airtime.

Local.jpg

~taken from section 3g of Terms & Conditions.

People have argued that charging incoming calls is double-billing. However, it's not a charge per call; it's a charge for connecting to the cellular towers and using airtime. Both parties are charged for airtime usage on their respective providers. In the case the other party is calling from a landline, it's likely they won't be charged for the call (unless long-distance) because there is no airtime on their end. If you're receiving the call on a mobile phone, your phone is connecting to your provider's cellular towers (airtime).

If you have a plan which has limited airtime minutes, additional minutes are 50¢ per minute (see #3 in Full Details). You should also note that most plans with limited minutes include unlimited evenings and weekends from 5pm. Calls made and received during those times would not count against your allotment of airtime minutes.

You should also note that long-distance calls are charged Airtime plus additional LD. With Canada-wide minutes, the Canadian LD is included. Making an International call will count against your allotted minutes plus additional LD charge.

If you would like to discuss your bill further, you would need to customer service. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Yjddong106

no it was charging every incall ~ and When I talk to customers service he just say sorry and couldn't solve it 

Hello again,

Have you had a chance to view the detailed billing? What plan do you have? Is it possible that the charges are for long-distance? While most of Fido's plans have Canada-wide calling, it's possible your plan may not if it is an older plan.

While there are no long distance (LD) charges on incoming calls from any destination (domestic or international) per se, that would be provided you are within your incoming local calling area (LCA)...

Your incoming LCA is based on the geographical location that is associated with your number (ie Montréal). It has nothing to do with your own physical location at the time you receive a call. On the other hand, your outgoing LCA is determined entirely by your physical location at the time of a call, and has no ties to any specific geographical location, other than the one in which you're standing.

As previously mentioned, all incoming and outgoing calls are considered airtime. Receiving calls while outside of your incoming LCA is considered LD. Making calls while roaming can either be local or LD, depending on whether the call destinations are within or outside of your outgoing LCA.

For example, if your phone number is based in Montréal (and assuming your plan does not have Canada-wide calling), receiving calls in Toronto or Vancouver would be considered LD in addition to airtime.

I understand you might not have been aware of how mobile services work in Canada. I'm not sure if much can be done to help reduce the amount of overage or LD charges. If you would like to go over your bill, you might consider contacting customer services. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers