cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancel plan

mb0440
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

i dont have time to call fido, as the helpline is often busy and i need to wait on the phone for an hour for a representitive to assist me so maybe ill get some answer here. 

i bought an iphone with a 2 year plan contract at fido in august 2020. every time i go on roadtrips or the mountains i lose service while all my friends still have bars. therefore i want to cancel my data plan, pay off my iphone and leave fido. i wabt to find out exactly how much a cancellation fee would be and how i would be able to do this. 

2 REPLIES 2

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @mb0440,

Just to add to what was stated above if you cancel the line directly with Fido you will lose your number.

If you would like to keep your number and move to a different provider you will need to keep the Fido line active and just port the number over to the other provider the new provider will do the port. Once the port has been completed it will automatically cancel the Fido line.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Mb0440,

Welcome to the community!

You should note that there are many factors which can affect cellular reception. It's true that one such factor is the location relative to the cellular towers. You can get an idea of the area's towers here. Another factor would be the device's receptive ability. The different phone manufacturers and phone models would all vary in their ability to utilise low signal. It's possible that you may still have the same issue with that phone in those situations if the cellular tower locations are similar for the different providers.

The cancellation fee would be the amount still owing on your phone. You should be able to view the outstanding amount via My Account. Unfortunately, only customer service would be able to help you cancel your account. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they will also be able to access your account. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers