cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can only make phone calls with fido 25g data plan

tifuhmark
I'm a participant level 2

I was away from Canada for the past 3 years and changed my fido plan to phone calls only. After I came back to Canada again, I upgraded to 25g data plan immediately and called fido to make sure there is no block for my account. However, there is still no internet connection for my number. I called fido and technical support for the last 3 days, we tried changing a new sim card, putting the sim card in different phones, and system rebooted, APN connection, and network reset from fido. None of those things fixed my issue.  

I really suspect that there is something wrong with my account, but all the staff member from fido store and 188 customer support people said my account is normal.  

It is sad that it has been 4 days and no one can fix this for me, I am sure it isn't the phone's problem. I guess if it is still not fixed, the only solution is to change to a different service provider.🤔

4 REPLIES 4

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Tifuhmark,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear of your issue. I understand you changed your plan when you left Canada. To clarify, however, had you kept post-paid or pre-paid services? If you had pre-paid services when you left Canada, is it possible they opened new services when you returned rather than migrating your pre-paid services to post-paid? If that is the case, that would mean that you have two phone numbers. If you are using your old phone number, that could be still linked to your pre-paid services and not the new services. That could explain why you are unable to use the new services (ie data).

I also understand you have already been in contact with customer service. However, you should note that the forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. You might consider re-contacting customer service to verify they had migrated your services (if you had pre-paid) rather than opened new services with a new number. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Thanks for getting back to me @tifuhmark , if you have tried other devices and still no joy, are you able to stop into a fido store for in person assistance with your plan? Perhaps there is something else that can be done, like setting up a new account with your same number or something similar. 

Hi @tifuhmark. How frustrating for you. I'm see you have tried your Sim card in a different phone to make sure the Sim card works. Sometimes it is the phone and not the network. If you are able to put your Sim card in a different brand of phone to ensure it's not the phone, I highly recommend it. Then the network can be checked to make sure your phone is compatible with fido. Let us know if you have the opportunity to try in a different device. Wishing you success, cheers 

tifuhmark

I tried in iPhone 12, iPhone 11, and Samsung phones. None of them worked