cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You need to change.

Jwa89
I'm a participant level 1

Look i was on twitter, and now I'm gear to change this. 

I think cell phone companies need to revaluate how they do business with consumers.

so you're like a service provider but you also are a device provider at the same time. most of our devices come from you providers.

Now your bread and butter is the cell phone plans and the payments fido pay.

So at this point me being a fairly smart individual I realize that you're pretty much in checkmate when Starlink comes. Unless of course you adapt and realize the role that you are which is a service provider and device financer why else would you explain the credit cards the Rogers and Fido cards.

What you need to do is realize, that you're already unsure of how to go out about paying for a smartwatch device so here's how you're going to do it which makes the most sense.

this is a complete restructure of how you guys do your sim cards and it's going to be better for you and us. And it still keeps you in charge if the connection even though Starlink will dwarf you. 

I think you should pilot a program, that sets a plan for an individual account. So for my self I'll just say John

EXAMPLE:!!!

Jon has a plan with the new fido SIM BOSS/BUDDY program.

He pays a flat rate, for  calling, text, how man gigs of data and device protection and mobile services for whatever per month. 

Jon also pays on-top of his plan, for a device phone. This is the BOSS His Samsung note or Samsung Galaxy watch Whatever the customer wants a the Boss.

But Jon works and wants more, so he asked fido to link a smartwatch/phone to his account for a monthly connect sim card buddy, fido seeing it's errors understands this and offers a slave sim for his Smartwatch.

Hes got wicked good credit, so he could choose  an apple one or he could use his credit and get a nice Samsung. 

It makes sense to me that you give each individual person a plan and then they pay that plan monthly and you can lock them in with the device hardware like a cell phone or a smart watch for two years.

But we also now want buddy Sims, this eliminates the need for a whole new calling plan, as long as the account holder has a BOSS/BUDDY plan the calling and texting features would complement service. 

This let's customers choose is the Smartwatch, tablet or phone or even the phone PC.  The Boss device, and what ones are just the buddy or vs versa. But you'll need both on one account to complement eachother. 

I still get to use the calling features in my phone and smart watch and my PC with our paying for 3 calling lines.

You still get the monthly service and connect fees. Pluses it gives you more flexibility to offer better bundles. 

For me, a Smartwatch as a boss plan, with a phone and chromebook buddy, calling features should be free if at lest one line has it. 

5 REPLIES 5

Edmonton2020
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Complain

Hey @Edmonton2020,

What seems to be going on? 

laura1958

I need to change my fido plan 

for a beather one I have 3 lines 

give same Idias what is the new monthly plans for my lines  

Hi @laura1958

You can change your plans through your online Fido account. Here's a little video tutorial that tells you how to make the change. 

I hope this helps. 

FidoPhilippe

Hey @Jwa89! Philippe here. Welcome to the community. Smiley

Thank you very much for your feedback! However, we have no plans to combine services in this way at this time. Do keep an eye on our website for the latest news though.