cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YOUR MOBILE PLAN RATE IS INCREASING

Jedi_Master
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

If you are on the $60/10 GB plan, just an FYI... Your plan rate is increasing and Fido hopes you won't see their notice. It is buried in the billing section. Nobody I know that is on this plan had any idea the price was increasing. So here is the notice so everyone can see. They are doing it at the exact same time on the sampe plan as all of the other big carriers and for the same reason. I don't know how that is legal, but they are doing it.

We regularly review and adjust our plans to reflect ongoing network and service investments so that we can continue to deliver the best possible customer experience to you. The monthly service fee for your Fido Pulse 10GB - BYOP plan, which is not on a fixed term contract, will increase by $5 to $65/month (plus applicable taxes), as of the date of your first bill on or after February 4, 2019. Your plan continues to offer excellent value and is priced lower than current in market plans. Your plan also continues to offer great features like 5 extra hours of data per month, weekly perks with Fido XTRA, access to Fido Roam (TM) and a network that covers 97% of Canadians. The rest of your Fido mobile service will remain the same. This change is made in accordance with the CRTC Wireless Code. If you would like to respond to this notice, have questions, or wish to cancel or make changes to your mobile service, please reach out to us in any of the ways listed in the Contact Us section of this bill.

27 REPLIES 27

MSG77
I'm a participant level 2

I have had my phone with Fido for nearly 20 years. In the last 2 years Fido has increased the cost of my plan without my consent. They offered a special which sounded nice at the time but very quickly increased without my consent. 

Hey @MSG77 and welcome to the Community.

I can assure you, price increases are things that we try to avoid. However, we normally send a communication on your bill letting you know about the increase in advance.

Did you get a chance to catch that on your end?

MSG77

No, I didn’t catch that on my end... Fido is becoming greedy. I shouldn’t have to “catch” a price increase that is thrown at me. Fido should honour the price I signed up for. Fido just might “catch” my cancellation when I go to another provider. 

We understand that without looking at the invoice and noticing the increase, the price increase can be surprising. 

We would definitely hate to see you go because of this and can always take a look at other price plans with you. 

Feel free to reach out to us here and we'll be happy to assist. 

koujanf
I'm a participant level 1

A plan is a contract on its own

Whether month to month or a year it doesn't matter

No one has the right to touch my plan as long as it is active and running 

It is immoral and .No loyal to increase the 5 dollars on top of my 60 Dollar plan 

Fido has the right to offer me alternative plans but not changing the price of my plan 

Telecom companies have lost the trust of ppl with this act and this shall fire back at the 

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @koujanf  and @Bhupi !

With a month-to-month service pricing or features can change but if they do we always let you know at least 30 days in advance. Keep in mind that we do know pricing is important to our customers so we do limit all changes as much as we can.

The plan continues to be one of our most competitive offers and is packed with perks and value. With this plan you benefit from Fido XTRA, 5 hours of free data per month, and access to our LTE network that covers over 97% of Canadians.

@Tony_Wang , I did send you a PM in case you'd like to discuss further Smiley

Bhupi
I'm helpful level 3
I'm helpful level 3

Hi fido

i notice my monthly bill go higher 5$ with same service . Why should I pay more for same service? I thought my plan will remain same but that was not true. Please check my line and get back to me soon .

JS_13

This month it’s five dollars, who knows next week it’s ten dollars, there’s no limit to what they (Rogers, Bell, Telus) want to charge. No term contract, subject to change, you where notified in your billing so that’s good enough for the CRTC to stand by and let them increase there profits cause lord knows they haven’t made enough. Really disappointed that this happens and nothing’s done. 

Hey @JS_13

I can appreciate where your're coming from. 

As a consumer myself, I totally understand how important price is. 

I assure you, we try our best to limit these changes as much as possible.

However, when these increases happen, they are done in order to help with ongoing investments in our network and our service.

Keep in mind that his promotional plan is still one of our most competitive and it continues to offer excellent value.

You can check out the different with what is currently offered by looking into our current plans here.

JS_13
Click here
@FidoValeska  As a Fido customer of 10+ years and as a cellular consumer of 20+ years do not tell me what is competitive and what is not I have seen it all. Future investments really, the billions in profit (you know it’s a publicly traded company) is not enough c’mon man. This is just the beginning the big three where never going keep this price point from the very start. This was ploy, to us the consumer, to make feel like where getting a break which was only for ONE YEAR! All because I don’t have a NO TERM CONTRACT and the best is SUBJECT TO CHANGE 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Thank you Rogers, Bell, Telus thank you. 

MandeeAyuen

@Jedi_Master wrote:

If you are on the $60/10 GB plan, just an FYI... Your plan rate is increasing and Fido hopes you won't see their notice. It is buried in the billing section. Nobody I know that is on this plan had any idea the price was increasing. So here is the notice so everyone can see. They are doing it at the exact same time on the sampe plan as all of the other big carriers and for the same reason. I don't know how that is legal, but they are doing it.

We regularly review and adjust our plans to reflect ongoing network and service investments so that we can continue to deliver the best possible customer experience to you. The monthly service fee for your Fido Pulse 10GB - BYOP plan, which is not on a fixed term contract, will increase by $5 to $65/month (plus applicable taxes), as of the date of your first bill on or after February 4, 2019. Your plan continues to offer excellent value and is priced lower than current in market plans. Your plan also continues to offer great features like 5 extra hours of data per month, weekly perks with Fido XTRA, access to Fido Roam (TM) and a network that covers 97% of Canadians. The rest of your Fido mobile service will remain the same. This change is made in accordance with the CRTC Wireless Code. If you would like to respond to this notice, have questions, or wish to cancel or make changes to your mobile service, please reach out to us in any of the ways listed in the Contact Us section of this bill.

I agree with additional poster. My husband and I were not made aware and found out by having a conversation with a sale rep in store. 

Because of this, we’re considering switching providers. 

AndreBarneto

I found out about this today when I saw the amount on my bill increase. My mind is made up. I'm calling them and cancelling my plan today.

Hey there @AndreBarneto,

Welcome to the community Smiley

As mentioned on this thread, we do revise our pricing and offers to adapt to what's available on the market. We understand that not every increase in price is welcomed with arms wide open and we'd be happy to go over your available options.

To get started, you can reach out to us at these channels at all times. Alternatively, we can send you a PM here as well, and I'll be sending one your way this time. Talk to you soon!

@FidoSaad is there any instance where a price increase was welcomed with open arms?

The least you could have done was read the excuse that was given for the price increase and stick to that to at least make it look consistent.

and1-m

It a very cheap and classless act from fido. Increasing  $5 on a ongoing plan. Now they are getting  these employees to reply that are not any reply. I will looking for other service providers again  cheap classless act !!!!

Hey @and1-m! Welcome to the community. Smiley

I've moved your post to this thread, as it relates to the subject you brought up.

We certainly understand and respect your feelings on this matter. Just to clarify though, the plan is not an ongoing plan, as it has not been offered since December 2017. As a month-to-month plan, it can be subject to increases. Although, we try to limit these changes as much as possible.

Let us know if you if you have any other questions, we'll be happy to help. Smiley

birdieman
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Amazing, I just noticed this today as my daughter was telling me that her phone bill has increased by $5 when she checked her app. I have the same plan. This is insane as they can charge wihtout even email us, or text us since Fido likes to text us with all the promotions...

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Jedi_Master

I'm sad to see you feel this way. This bill message is actually written out in bold on the invoices of impacted customers to make sure they're aware what is going on with their billing. 

We try our best to avoid price increases, but it can happen from time to time. In this particular case, the promotional plan in question is still one of our most competitive ones. For its price, it continues to offer excellent value!

MandeeAyuen

A few years ago, my husband and I were on contract with Fido. Within the period of our contract, a deal came up for $60 for 5gb PLUS and additional 5gb, so 10gb total, unlimited Canadian text and calls, however it was a BYOD and not contract offer. We decided to pay off the tab on our phones and switch to this plan (we were on a share plan paying about $180/month for shared 6gb data). 

I’ve been looking recently to upgrade my phone and went to check out offers yesterday. Not only are they OUTRAGEOUS (talking $150 for an upgrade for less  data!), we find out that they INCREASED the cost of the plan WITHOUT NOTIFIYING us! 

Now were seriously considerinf switching. Fido increased the cost of this plan without letting us know (is this legal?), and their options to keep us are waaaay more costly than necessary. Even when pricing it out, it will end up costing me about $300 more over 2 years to get the iPhone XS on contract than to stay on my plan and buy the phone out right. 

Anyone else put in the same situation? I need to upgrade my device (and hubby’s) but there’s NO WAY we’re paying $300 for two of us per month!! 

Tia

Hey @MandeeAyuen

I moved your message to this thread as it's related to the same subject. 

Since this is a month to month plan, it can be subject to change. We constantly review our packages to ensure we deliver the best value to our customers. Although we strive to make the least possible changes to our services, we sometimes have to modify our offers. As part of our packages, we will continue to offer great deals and gifts with Fido XTRA, 5 hours of extra data in the moments you need it most and Fido Roam, which keeps you in touch with all the things that matter to you when you are abroad.

The increase has been notified under the bill of January 2019. 

Also we'd like to go over our options with you for any upgrade related questions you might have, you can reach out through our channels here or by replying the last PM we sent you. 

Let us know!