cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winback is very hard to get in touch with

marino_romero
I'm a contributor level 1

Last December 2019, after having a disagreement with Fido for US roaming charges, we decided to move to another cell provider. After porting our two number to the new company, my wife and I started receiving several phone calls a day from a private number, they would call my wife and if she didn't answer, they would call me right after, back and forth. Normally we don't answer those phone calls, but we decided to answer and it was the Winback team from Fido offering a nice deal to go back to Fido. For us it was suspicious just because of the fact of the blocked/private number. So we called Fido and they told us that it was there Winback team. So we took the call and even then, so hard to communicate, dropped calls, etc. Finally on December 19, 2020 we agreed to the offer and accepted their options. Then nothing, one week passed by, two weeks, three weeks while we were calling Fido asking for an update. Begining of January and we received a call asking us to confirm the package and phones we chose. The original agent for some reason didn't put the order through (we were getting new phones too). So this person took the order for the phones and our plans and then, nothing again. One week, two weeks, three weeks and us calling Fido to get at least an update. Something to be aware is that Fido and Winback are not the same. It appears like the Winback team is a third-party company working for Fido or something like that. Fido cannot do anything in regards of this Winback team/department. After all these weeks, we received a call back from the Winback team, for a second time, for a reason we don't understand, the order was not put through once again, second tiem now. So they went over the plan and phones with my wife. All good until she was told that they needed to talk to me because they needed my credit card and confirm a couple of things. That was February 19, 2021. Two months after agreeing with Windback the first time. So, she was told that someone would call me in ten minutes to confirm the credit card number and finalize our plan/order......still waiting. Since then, I called them back twice and left a voice message with our numbers. They don't answer, it goes straight to a messaging service. Is this team/department for real? How come Fido cannot get involved resolving any issues with them? 

8 REPLIES 8

marino_romero

Hello,

We just received our latest monthly statements and our rate has increased.  We called Fido and we were told tha the two year contract has expired, but we never signed nor agreed to a 2-year term and I far as I know, the two year was the period given to pay the two iPhones we received as part of the WinBack promotion. Actually, we paid off both phones a couple of months later.

Now, why is Fido changing our rate?

This is not a game where we leave and then, for us to comeback because of a new WinBack promotion. 
Why is Fido making it so hard for loyal clients to stay.

Please help.

Marino Romero
XXX-XXX-XXXX
******@yahoo.com

Hello @marino_romero,

Nothing is set in stone and it sounds like you had a winback offer with a promotion for two years that has now expired and the price has been reverted to its original price. 
Also, any plan is subjected to a price increase at any point but if you have an agreement you have some protection from paying that increase until the agreement ends once you are off any agreement the price can be changed but Fido will always notify us of any upcoming changes at least 3 months before on our invoices.

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @marino_romero

Sorry to hear about your experience dealing with our winback team. As a general rule, when our team calls you, the number should not be masked. You made the right call to contact us and confirm the offers being provided Smiley

I can also assure you that this department is part of Fido, and I apologize for the back and forth related to the phone orders, this is definitely not the kind of service we'd want to provide. While offers provided by winback can only be applied by that team, our agents should have been able to assit you.

We'd love to take a closer look at this with you, and hopefully to turn your experience around. Since this requires access to your account, you can can reach out to us at these channels. However, I'll send you a PM immediately.

Talk to you soon!

marino_romero

Hello,

We throught that finally all was resolved, we recieved the sim cards, phones and all was set up.

We were told that we had to pay a downpayment for each phone which we did. Then another large charge came of no where.

But for our surprise, we just received our latest statements, the Winback offer we were told that we would get, it was not for the full amount.

What is it with this Winback team? 

Do they just throw offers to see if we are smart enough to remember them after a couple of month of unknown delays?

All is good with Fido, but this Winback team, they just destroy all the goof things about Fido.

Now what should we do?

Make several phone calls until someone actually review the original agreement from December 2020?

Please advise.

Marino Romero

Hey @marino_romero!

Are there promos missing or was something billed incorrectly?

Keep in mind some promotions do have delays of 2-3 invoices before they kick in, and this is usually mentioned during sign up. Could that be what happened?

Let us know and if needed we'll PM you so that we can review the account. 

marino_romero

Hi,

We were told that if we go back to Fido, one of the promotions was that we would get $300.00 credit per phone. We have two lines with Fido.

Just received the latest statement and it shows a credit of $200.00 per phone.

Do you need our account's info?

Please advise.

Marino

Hi @marino_romero

I will go ahead and send you a PM. 

Talk soon. 

marino_romero

Ok, thank you