cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weak Signal In Bowmanville Ont, Is there a problem with the network

RHDP
I'm a participant level 1

After 6 months a good service I have lost my signal. Not getting Text or phone calls. Is there a problem or is there a fix I dont know about.

Rod

***Edited to add labels***

5 REPLIES 5

Zobon

We are also having cell signal issues in Bowmanville. By concession 3 and Bowmanville Avenue. I had support reset my network settings and reset my cell service still didn't change nothing. We both have newer Samsung phones. But only seems to do it in that area

Hey @Zobon 

Welcome to the community! 

Did you check the coverage of that area on our coverage map

If it does indeed show covered but the network isn't working properly, we'd suggest to tak this with our care team to perhaps flag the issue with our tech support in hopes this can be investigated further! 

FidoChristina
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @RHDP

Did any of these suggestions help?

Let us know! Smiley

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

@RHDP wrote:

After 6 months a good service I have lost my signal. Not getting Text or phone calls. Is there a problem or is there a fix I dont know about.

Rod

Hello RHDP,

Welcome to the community!

You can check whether there are any network issues in your area using Network Aid. You can also use the service to report an issue.

Are you unable to get cell signal everywhere or only at certain locations? There are a number of factors that can affect cellular signal. Coverage depends on your phone's bands/frequencies and those of the surrounding cellular towers. You can get an idea of the location of the cellular towers here. What phone are you using?

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Jay_Rock
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

I have an iphone 5 that is out of warranty with a bad baseband chip.  As a result it does not get text or phone calls or cellular data.  It is a real pain.  Perhaps it is just your phone, check with other people using Rogers/Fido and see if they have signal, if they do its probably your phone. 

You can always try to reset network settings and see if this helps at all.