cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail only holds 3 messages

Cat9
I'm a participant level 2

Apparently all of a sudden my voicemail will only hold 3 messages. When I questionned this I was told I have to pay another 7$ a month to hold more messages? Is this a joke?

22 REPLIES 22

sg223
I'm a participant level 1

I got sucked into signing up for Fido during a Black Friday deal. I SINCERELY regret it. I have been a long time Bell customer and the service at Fido is absolute GARBAGE. 3 voicemails, no 5G, 2 hour + wait times to talk to customer service, no leneiency in billing (refunds for services). ABSOLUTE joke. I am so dissapointed and wish i understood all of this before commiting. How is someone supposed to work effeciently with a mailbox that only holds 3 messages? I will be sure to spread the word, do not sign up with Fido. I am now stuck with them for 2 years. 

Hi @sg223 , sorry you weren't aware that Fido's standard voice mail only holds 3 messages. I needed more myself when I first signed up. I added the enhanced voice mail that includes voice mail to text and expanded mail box, and also premium long distance rates for $7. You might want to take a look at that as it's a really good add on to your plan. Sometimes the black Friday frenzy will make you jump on a deal before you research if it's a good fit for you. Hopefully, the deal you received will make it a worthy switch when you include the premium voice mail add on. 😉 all the best 

Hopleyt

With all due respect to the agents that have answered as a Canadian and a person's with disabilities living on a fixed government income but my biggest gripe yeah Max of three voicemails sucks Max 3 minutes not the best what really gets me is they delete your messages within 3 days so if I don't check my voicemail in 3 days cuz I've been too sick that message is just not going to be there for me and personally I find that extremely unacceptable

And I wish that that in the future fight over vs here policies in procedures and works again on becoming in industry leader and offering the premium voicemail services at little too no cost to with loyal users as a simple thank you for your service

Additionally I would love to know what if any extra cost if any photo incurs for users with premium voicemail versus mini voicemail

Hey @Hopleyt! Welcome to the Community. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding our Voicemail option. We're constantly look for ways to upgrade our services. 

As for your questions, at the moment none of our Voicemail features can support photos of any kind, therefore, there cannot be any cost attached to the feature. 

I would highly recommend that you consult this link for any information regarding our voicemail features.

Also, feel free to reach out to us through any of our support channels and we'll be able to go over voicemail options we have available for you.

Hopleyt

Thank you for taking the time to respond as  a persons with disabilities I use the voice to text feature heavily and I believe we had a mistake in Translation I didn't catch

the point I was making no more over the question I was asking was what if any cost or cost difference is there on  the carrier side does it actually cost extra for you guys the carrier Fido to offer me those extra features that's all I was getting at  cuz I don't see how it costs much extra and why loyal users couldn't receive that teachers for little to no money when they're already paying higher bills

Carriere33

I can't believe we have to pay extra as well. We shouldn't have to. I switched last summer from Telus where I think the limit was 25 voice mails. 

Andreagwen

I can't believe that for $80 a month i get a half assed voice mail program that hold 3, 3 min messages for 3 days - this is absolutely ridiculous and was not positioned like this what so ever.  I was told - you have voice mail NOT you have a ridiculous voice mail plan and if you want regular voice mail you will need to pay an additional fee.  Really really really disappointed with Fido.

ChristineA1

I am a long time Fido customer and just recently added a second phone and internet to my account. I am so frustrated with how impractical and useless the voicemail is. The plan said that voicemail was included. It was not called mini voicemail or anything else that would indicate that it is not what any reasonable person would understand voicemail to mean. Not one of the customer service representatives I spoke to mentioned anything. This is so deceptive and I am incredibly disappointed with Fido. I am not at all interested in increasing the price of my plan by $6 to $7 a month to pay for something that appeared to be included. 

Hey @ChristineA1! Welcome to the community and thank you very much for your feedback. Smiley

Can you clarify where you saw that plan did not specify the voicemail details please?

We'll be happy to take a look at this with you.

ChristineA1

If I look at the details of the plan when I check my billing information online, it just says voicemail with no qualification. I can’t go back and tell you what I saw when I initially signed up. Your website currently describes it as voicemail and buries the details in the fine print, which is still deceptive. You should call it voicemail lite or mini voicemail or something to be honest with your customers about the fact that voicemail is not actually included. 

Hey @ChristineA1

The voicemail that's offer by default is still a voicemail. When we activate new service we mention that there is an option to get a premium voicemail for an additional fee. As FidoNick mentioned: 

All our current plans come with a Mini Voicemail that holds up to 3 message, for up to 3 days, with a duration of up to 3 minutes each. This feature comes free with our current plans but we do understand that for some customers 3 messages may not be enough so we do offer the option to add more messages!

If you add our $7 value pack, not only do you get a bigger voicemail but your plan is enhanced with all these features:

- Name Display (must have Call Display to benefit from this feature)

- Premium Voicemail-To-Text with 35 voice messages  or iPhone visual voicemail

- US & International Premium Calling Rate to mobile and landline phones (just 1 cent a minute to the US, and other countries start at 2 cents per minute!) detailed rates can be found here

- WhoCalled

- 2,500 Call Forwarding Minutes

Alternatively, if you want just the bigger voicemail it would be $6 to add it as a single option.

ChristineA1

As he mentioned, it is a “mini voicemail” which is not at all how it was described or marketed. As I said before, at no point in the process did a customer service representative tell me that proper voicemail is only available for an extra fee. Very disappointed with this deceptive practice and with your response. 

It's definitely not our intentions @ChristineA1 and we're sorry if there was some confusion.

The current voicemail offered with our plan is considered the standard voicemail or "proper" voicemail now. It comes with all of our in-market plans at no additional cost.

The details of it are directly on our website when viewing the plans in the SEE FULL DETAILS section below  :

• Voicemail7

- SEE FULL DETAILS

7. Service includes up to 3 messages, each 3 minutes in length that can be saved up to 3 days.

The other options for more messages are Premium voicemails, they offer more at an additional cost and can be added and removed at any time.

You can find all this info in our Voicemail section on our Add-Ons page.

I hope this clarifies a bit better.

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Cat9, welcome to the Community! Smiley

We'd love to provide some more info! Have you changed your plan recently by any chance?

All our current plans come with a Mini Voicemail that holds up to 3 message, for up to 3 days, with a duration of up to 3 minutes each. This feature comes free with our current plans but we do understand that for some customers 3 messages may not be enough so we do offer the option to add more messages!

If you add our $7 value pack, not only do you get a bigger voicemail but your plan is enhanced with all these features:

- US & International Premium Calling Rate to mobile and landline phones (just 1 cent a minute to the US, and other countries start at 2 cents per minute!) detailed rates can be found here

Alternatively, if you want just the bigger voicemail it would be $6 to add it as a single option.

I hope this clears things up a little, let us know if you'd like to add it and we can send you a PM!

Berlo
I'm a contributor level 1

@FidoNick wrote:

Hey @Cat9, welcome to the Community! Smiley

We'd love to provide some more info! Have you changed your plan recently by any chance?

- US & International Premium Calling Rate to mobile and landline phones (just 1 cent a minute to the US, and other countries start at 2 cents per minute!) detailed rates can be found here

- WhoCalled

I hope this clears things up a little, let us know if you'd like to add it and we can send you a PM!

Why are you and other Fido agents keep selling WhoCalled if it's not available anymore? It was discontinued 3 months ago.

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Berlo

Thank you for pointing this out. We actually no longer offer the WhoCalled feature.

You can check out what's included in our Value Packs right from here. Smiley 

Cat9

It's very unfortunate that Fido has joined the masses and decided to charge long time loyal customers with ridiculous fees for an answering machine. It costs Fido nothing to offer me voicemail.  This is a complete scam and was definitely not explained by your staff! I hear Videotron is the new way to go. Fido only had one store left in Ottawa anyway...that's what happens when you treat loyal customers like trash.

kotspot

I agree this is ridiculous. Having to pay an extra $7 just for voice messages - WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN??? I asked the person on the phone and she cliamed it has always been like this which I know is a complete LIE. I've been on an off with fido since 1995 I should know. Just rippping loyal customers off. The only time I switched my plan was when fido offered new customers better and cheaper data plans than existing customers and there was a revolt and I spent HOURS on the phone to just get the same deals. 

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

That's not at all our intention @Cat9 and we want the best for our customers!

We understand the importance of voice messaging for many of our customers. Many of our older plans had no voicemail at all and it had to be added a separate option. Today, we offer a mini voicemail with all our plans so our customers can have a voicemail no matter what plan they are on. For those that do need more, we offer the value pack which is packed with value for a low price.

We are sad to hear that this is the impression you have though and we'd love to review your options. I'll send you a PM so we can go over your options. I'm confident we can find something that works for you Smiley

nixi

I was surprised to learn this well, 3 short voicemails held only for a short time is hardly practical and does not make much sense. $7 more a month for proper voicemail seems quite high but is apparently the standard in Canada. It would be great if there was perhaps a cheaper middle option with some of the features for $3 / month or so.