Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail message

ZEH9-34_
I'm a contributor level 1

Hi,

My voicemail number was deleted and replaced with +1 587-737-0210 and I received a message with (voicemail 2 New 0 Urgent). This is being stuck on my screen and I tried many times to delete it from the settings but it comes up again. It's now almost 3 months and I don't received any voice messages. HELP!

4 REPLIES 4

FidoPhilippe

Hey @ZEH9-34_! Philippe here. I hope you're doing well. Smiley

Were you able to fix this problem since your post? If not, can you answer the following please:

1. What kind of phone are you using and do you have the latest OS version for it installed?

2. What kind of voicemail package do you have with us?

3. Are you able to access your voicemails at all?

Any other details you can share would be helpfull and you can also check-out our community voicemail page here.

Thanks!

ZEH9-34_

SmartSelect_20231230_140400_Messages.jpg

 

Hello ZEH9-34_,

That message is most definitely a SCAM and/or SPAM. Thanks for flagging it! As mentioned here, you can also forward these messages to 7726 (SPAM). Once audited, it will be used to augment the SPAM filter (see here). Unfortunately, as fast as these messages get blocked by the SPAM filter, the spammers/scammers find new ways to bypass the filter.

I understand forwarding those messages does not include phone number. However, it is unlikely the owner of the phone number is sending the messages. The scammers/spammers often use spoofed phone numbers when sending those messages and making SCAM and/or SPAM calls (see here).

A couple of tell-tale signs the the message is SPAM. Firstly, Fido won't send etransfers via email or text message link. Fido will automatically credit your account.

In addition, if Fido does send legitimate SMS, it will come from one of their short codes, not a phone number. As far as I am aware, many of their promotions come from 4745 or 4735 (see here and here). Admittedly, since spoofing is so wide-spread, it's possible the spammers/scammers could eventually learn to spoof those codes as well.

Another sign is Fido's recent adoption of the a URL shortening service. I believe it's Bit.ly (see here). As far as I am aware, the links would be for the Fido.ca domain

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

ZEH9-34_

Hi FidoPhilippe,

Happy Holidays & Happy New Year! 

Thank you for your reply, my problem has been solved. I'm sorry for late response due personal reasons. It's almost two years!

I have another issue regarding something called "Fido Solutions", I'm always receiving text messages. Do you have any idea whether it's a scam or else?

Appreciate your time and help.

Thank you