cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice mail SCAMS!

Cappuccino1
I'm a participant level 3

How do scams leave voice mails without calling?  I’m getting so many voice mails from similar scams without getting the calls in the first place, how does it even possible?

Does anyone have the same problem?  Can Fido do something about it?

3 REPLIES 3

FidoValerie

Hey @Cappuccino1

I totally understand it can be irritating to receive calls or messages from fraudulent numbers.

I would recommend checking out our tips to protect yourself against spam calls.

That said, if you're not receiving the call but getting a voicemail, it is most likely because it comes from a phone number that you already blocked!

Blocking a number will prevent it from calling, but the call will go straight to voicemail.

Is that possible? 

Cappuccino1

Thanks for the info.  But the fact that they can still waste my voice mail space is still very annoying, since I only have 3 voice mail space.

But I guess scam calls are unavoidable since they can change numbers all the time, no matter how you block them.

Hey @Cappuccino1,

I completely understand that receiving those types of calls is not pleasant at all and can be a great irritant and I assure you that we take this very seriously.

Unfortunately, there isn’t anything we can do to stop these companies from contacting you because there are no laws stopping them from doing so. However, we do everything we can to lower their chances of getting in touch with you.

We use sophisticated anti-spam software in our network to protect you from spammers. The software has advanced threat detection algorithms to constantly hunt for and identify suspicious activity. We also have a dedicated team that monitors and detect for mobile messaging threats and creates configurations to block current/new issues in real-time.

We try our best to stop these kinds of activities, however, as much as we try, we can't stop them all!

Avoid picking up those calls as much as possible and make sure to block the unwanted calls by blocking the caller's number. 

I also recommend reporting the incident to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre:

Their site provides a large amount of information on known scams.

With that said, as you mentioned, there is no way to avoid having voicemails left on your voicemail as even if the number is blocked, it will go straight to voicemail.

I hope that helps! 😊