cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly fee after contract ends?

mskrisc
I'm a participant level 3

So my phone was "paid in full" last month, and I still paid for the XL package ! Because I was no longer on contract, I was charged a $7 fee! How on earth can that be justified? I paid $85 instead of $55 for my plan and you charge me more? Part of that $85 from the XL plan was towards paying off the phone! Do I get reimbursed the difference ? This makes absolutely no sense! 

5 REPLIES 5

NaliniR
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @mskrisc,

Your XL plan is not a tab plan the subsidy is built into the plan so when your contracts ends the plan price remains the same. 

That's why Fido has now changed to a Payment Program so the plan price is seperate from the phone cost, now when we finish paying off for the phone the phone payment part drops off and we just continue paying for the plan only. You can get more info regarding the Payment Program here.

At this time if you want to lower your monthly fee you will need to change to an in-market-plan.

In regards to the $7 fee did you get a chance to review your invoice to see exactly what you are being charged for?

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @mskrisc!

We'd really hate to see you go but keep in mind we cannot change your plan without your permission. We do however provide you with the tools available to change it directly via Fido.ca or you can contact us to make any changes. 

That said though, as @NaliniR mentioned we've recently switched from a subsidized phone model to a financing one. This means that you pay for your device over 24 months and when the 24 month period is over the phone portion is removed from your bill and you only pay for the base plan. You can learn more about the Fido Payment Program here.

We hope that clears things up, don't hesitate to let us know if you want to review your options. 

Danmcneil
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

as mentioned in my question, my phone has already been fully paid for so there should be no additional charge under the Fido payment plan

NaliniR
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @Danmcneil,

You did not post a question before this is actually your first post. 

Fido introduced the Payment Program early February 2020 so it unlikely you would have already paid it off. You probably have a subsidy plan that is no longer offered and when it up you can still keep the plan but the price will not decrease.  

You can re-read the replies in the thread.

mskrisc

Well thanks for your response , but that is absolutely ridiculous. Price gouging! My plan has not lowered since paying off the phone, instead it has gone up in price . Makes no sense to stay with Fido! Ill be switching to tomorrow first thing. I see clearly now what Fido is about !