cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading a BYOP plan to Fido Payment Program plan

gip
I'm a participant level 2

I am a FIDO customer with 3 lines. I want to get a new phone with Fido Payment Program (FPP) on my current BYOP talk&test plan (which is 1 of my 3 lines). I have spoken to 4 CSR & the loyalty department and each one has given me a different response:

1.   You cannot get a phone under the FPP Talk&Text plan, 

2.  You can only get a phone under the FPP if you have a plan of $45+ (minimum 15GB of data) 

3.   Only certain phones are available under the FPP Talk&Text plan . However, the rep couldn't tell me which phones were available

4.  Only certain phones are available under the FPP Talk&Text plan. However, the Talk&Text plan will cost you $32 (instead of the current $25 (which includes a $5 discount).  She said that the Samsung A13 5G was one of the phones available under the FPP for a Talk&test plan.  

The FIDO website ONLY says that some phones are availble under the FPP Talk&Text plan, but it is IMPOSSIBLE to get the list of phones .  Some competitors, like Virgin Plus, make it very easy to list which phones are available for specific plans.

CAN SOMEONE HELP!!  where can I get THE TRUE & EXACT ANSWER to my request?  

3 REPLIES 3

FidoNajat

Hey @gip! We're sorry to read about your experience with our customer service. That's certainly not the way we want you to feel!
You can contact us through one of our channels and we'll be happy to help you.

gip
Unfortunately, you are sending me back to square one. Why can't I just get the right information on your website?  Your competitors, like Virgin  Plus has such info readiiy available. 
Your website mentions that some phones can be purchased under the Fido Payment Program (FPP) for TALK & TEXT Plan; I just want to know what are the phones available under the FPP for Talk & Text Plan.  The  FIDO website only allows the purchase of a  phone, under the Fido Payment Program (FPP), if one chooses the data option 15GB or 20GB.  In addition your reps don't seem to have the info either ... so what good is "calling again"?
Thx.

Hey @gip Smiley

We definitely understand where you're coming from and your feedback is much appreciated! 

That being said, our offers and promotions change regularly and can vary depending on the customer, so we unfortunately can't provide offer details on the Community forum.

This is why your best bet is to reach out to customer service (and provide screenshots of the offer you see, if possible) so we can look into the deals you're eligible to and what phones are compatible. 

All our customer service channels are listed here, but we do recommend contacting us via social media if you do have a screen capture to share.

Hope this clarifies!