Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Device - New or Pre-Owned?

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

Hello Fido forum,

Today I attempted to perform a Device Upgrade on Fido.ca and found it very confusing which devices are condition NEW and which are PRE-OWNED. Please see the example below of the iPhone 7; there are two listings for the iPhone 7 with two different payment plans 14.99 vs 4.99. I want to purchase a conditon New iPhone 7, which device should I proceed to order? The 4.99 offering is cheaper, but it is condition New? How do I know?

Previously, upgrading devices on Fido.ca used to display a little "Pre-Owned Device" above each phone but this was removed and now I can't determine the condition of the phone I'm purchasing. During the checkout experience, I also cannot find anywhere where it states the condition of the device. Fido, please address this issue and add clear Pre-Owned indicators please.

Fido - New vs Pre-Owned iPhone.PNG

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Nick67,

Hmm, that's strange... What browser are you using? The $4.99 one does show as Certified Pre-Owned when I searched via computer using Firefox as well as Chrome:

iphone.jpg

~taken from here (23/07/2020)

Equally strange, my listing does not inform of shipping delays for the other iPhone 7 as does yours:

iphone 2.jpg

~taken from link above (23/07/2020)

Any thoughts Fido?

Cheers

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

@Cawtau, thanks for your speedy reply. My screenshots are from the "Upgrade Device" section when I log into My Account. You are correct if I logout of my account and go to the public website Fido.ca->Phones, I see the Pre-Owned Device labels. I think this is a bug within the Upgrade Device tab under My Account for existing customers. For the record, I am using Firefox latest v78.0.2 (64-bit).

Hi @nick67

Thank you for letting us know about this. 

Have you noticed if the same thing happens when you're using another browser, on the same page? Smiley