To whom may concern,
Solved! Go to Solution.
Sorry to hear about your experience. Let me first just say that you should never have to be this upset over a phone service. It is not worth it! There are much more important things in life to be stressed about. Cell phone service is not one of them.
I cannot help you with your current issue. I will leave that to the Fidomods. But I can give you some advice to help you deal with similiar situations in your future, regardless if you continue to use Fido or another carrier. I used to get upset just like what you are going through right now, but after years of experience and dealing with sales reps over the phone I have managed my expectations and now quite happy with the service I get all the time.
1. Never take what Retention (sales rep) says for granted - There can be many reasons what your first promised plan was not processed. It can be you were lied to, but I think it is more likely they promised you something they cannot give or an error in their computer system to provide what was promised, or even language barrier. Regardless, never blindly accept an offer and think it will deliver. Hang up the phone and call again, have another retention rep verifiy what was offered to you in the computer system.
2. What to do if with a wrong plan / wrong phone - Don't panic. all plans and phones have a cancellation policy in place. If you were given the wrong plan and wrong phone simply cancel the service and return the phone. If Fido in this case cannot honour the first plan you were given, just move on. No sense in asking Fido to give you something they cannot provide.
3. Long wait on phone - Fido acturally have a great alternative to long phone wait times call Fido Live Chat. It is internet chat and the Fido rep can acturally help you out with many things. If you can type your comment on the forum you should have no problem using the live chat. The benefit is the reps there are friendly and you can save a copy of the transcript for future reference. Better than the I said / you said over the phone.
4. Don't worry about billing - Many people are not aware of this. but most credits promised don't come up until the third bill, when in doubt call Fido to verifly (or use Fido Live Chat, quicker and less wait time, usually 3 minutes). Follow step 1 and verify what was promised after your first call.
5. Rude reps - I believe 100% what you said about rude reps. Same thing happened to me long time ago, and was with Fido at the time as well. But I can assure you rude reps are very few and far between. The best way to handle this first don't be upset yourself! be polite to the rep, if the rep is still rude politely tell him you need to stop conversation now and hang up. Call again at later time to get a differnet rep.
6. I'm not talking to you, you are not account holder - I will need to thank Fido reps for this tip. There is somthing call Tier1 or Primary1 authorization that the account holder (your wife) can grant you full access to changing the account. All you need to do is call Fido you want Tier1 or Primary1 access. They will call the cell phone number, ask your wife to grant you account access and then you are authorize to change account on your wife's behalf.
Hopefully these tips will help you out in your future dealings with Fido.
I can't agree with you more! The phone service certainly not that important, not even as important as reply someone's post with easier said than done comments, so that is exactly why I feel so frustrated since it took me so much time and effort.
But for your advices, unfortunately I can't agree with single one of them, and almost made me think you are alias of that manager from mandarin department, that would be scary~
1. Never take what Retention (sales rep) says for granted- Tr**p should really consider hiring you as their chief PR officer and put this at the first page of their campaign website "Never granted, always kidding", or this one is even cooler "You think you can speak English? Think again!"
2. What to do if with a wrong plan / wrong phone - I doubt if you could still be so calm after you cancel the service, you find out the price has gone up , take mine as a perfect example, monthly plan is the same but phone is 200 more after Canada day, sure, there are more features. What? you don't need the maple trim? Sorry it comes with navigation as the premium package, don't like it, why not move on with a bicycle?
3. Long wait on phone - Don't worry, I wasn't biting my nails and pulling my hair off during that 1 hour waiting time, I normally put it on speaker and reply other's post with some sarcastic comments, by doing this, time goes a bit faster. And also, I have no problem typing through live chat, but try get a retention deal through live chat, good luck.
4. Don't worry about billing - I guess I am just not optimistic enough, when someone said a phone is 200 but charged 500 to my card, I could just take granted it will come back by itself the month after like a boomerang, but seems a nice guy once suggested don't take anything for granted, I am confused.
5. Rude reps - Isn't that what I did that asking for another rep or manager, but when someone said he is THE manager and CEO, your option is really limited.
6. I'm not talking to you, you are not account holder - Tell a sk kid I need to speak to your parents is one thing, tell a colleague kid go the adult is another thing, just hope you are aware of the difference, because if you don't you may have trouble finding your front teeth after doing that.
But thank you for taking your time replying my post anyway, although I don't agree with them at all, but it actually really helpful, it helps me to understand how these reps could treat their customer like this, guess there are really few masochistic customers out there that are okay to be treated like this and will only hang up the cal and hide their heads in sands like ostrich, it certainly easier than be honorable and responsible and helping customer to get what they really deserve.
Fortunately Fido is not a company like that, they contacted me right away after the post and solved every single problem I mentioned, confirm, confirm and reconfirm I got everything I want and 100% satisfied, special thanks to Manuel, Ranya and Alyson and Angela, you guys rock!!!
Welcome to the Community!
I apologize that the service you received wasn't to your expectation, I can definitely understand how this has been affecting you.
I'd really like to make sure we get this resolved today.
I'll send you a PM in a few minutes.