Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understand bill

Mekkyy007
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hey 

I don't know why you give me 116 dollars bill of first payment. As well as my plan amount is 40 dollars when I perches card. So please give me answer 

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Mekkyy007,

Welcome to the community!

Have you had a chance to view the detailed billing? You should be able view those details via your My Account --> View & Manage Bill. From there, you should be able to Save and/or Print a PDF copy of your bill. Alternatively, you should also be able to access those call details by clicking on Usage summary.

Your billing cycle is set based on when you activated your line (see here). It generally starts a few days after you activated services. As well, for any given billing cycle, you are charged the upcoming monthly fees as well as any overages you might have incurred during your previous month. So you are charged in advance for your monthly plan plus any usage above your allotments previous month. Since most billing cycles start within a few days after activation, first bills usually include the upcoming monthly fees as well as prorated charges for the few days before your billing cycle started.

In addition, your first bill would also include any activation or set-up fees. I believe the current set-up fee is $60 (see Fido.ca). If you had assistance with activating your line (ie in-store or customer service online), the set-up fee would apply (unless specified promotion to waive fee).

You should note that this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. We do not have access to customers' accounts. If you would like to discuss your bill, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers