cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got scammed by FIDO “special offers “

Mon6
I'm a participant level 2

Be careful everyone! Fido sent me "special offers" for multiple phones on my account. I was happy to "upgrade" my plan to more data and better price, but the real surprise was when I called them to make sure I will not loose the $6 per line mobile plan discount and the $5 per line automatic payment discount... Apparently those discounts don't apply anymore (why? I still pay automatically with my credit card?!), so now I actually get charged $4 MORE per account, not less... The CSR explained that it's impossible to reverse to my old plan... I feel SCAMMED by FIDO right now and cannot wait to find a better deal with another company and move all my phone lines! I used to love FIDO, but not anymore. It's all about money now, the company went downhill since the merger with Roger. They can care less for customer retention. So be careful people, try not to get scammed like me today!

3 REPLIES 3

pallavi08

I also got scammed by Fido. Got a call from them telling me that I have free phone upgrade available. When I got bill today, they have device charges. Trying to contact them since morning. But no luck. Their fraud report number is not working. Do you know a way to contact them? Chat is not helpful. They dont know what to do.

Mon6

Call them at 611 from your Fido cell. It took me forever to connect with them, then I had to press I don't even remember how many numbers to finally get to talk to a real person. Ridiculous!.. The CSR promised to bring my issue up to I don't remember what department, but I don't hold my hopes up. Fido got a lot worse in the last year or so... they used to care more about the business and keeping customers happy. Not it looks like it's all about money. We all pay the same, but get less perks. They shouldn't even offer stupid deals to customers x They could see that we hardly use any data, why offer us "personalized offers" with more data? ... and why would a 24 months deal expired before it's due, if you change the plan? Other phone and cable companies we've been with didn't do this dishonest thing to us. I am ready to report Fido to CRTC and hope to move my 4 phones to another company soon! 

FidoNajat

Hey @Mon6! Some of our offers and credits are not compatible with some exclusive offers since those are considered the best deals available. Feel free to contact us so we can verify the best options available to you.