cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to pay off my remaining phone balance online without upgrading phone

fidocusto
I'm a participant level 2

Hi. I'm trying to pay off my remaining phone balance online without upgrading my phone, the reason being is that I want to take advantage of a promo plan but I need to "bring my own phone". It seems the system only alows you to pay off your phone IF you upgrade, but I want to keep my phone. Can I do this online or do I have to go through a rep.? Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

Sassyskizzors
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Your instructions worked

Hey @Sassyskizzors!

Thanks for sharing with the community! Glad it worked for you. Smiley

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@fidocusto To payout your contract in order to switch to a BYOP plan you will need to speak with a Fido rep.

Hey @fidocusto

These kinds of changes can actually also be done directly on My Account. Once you log into My Account and select ``Services`` > ``Mobile`` and to select your phone number. Once you do this you'll see a description of your plan and an option to change your plan. If you select a BYOP plan while you have an agreement it will give you a little warning in regards the amount you need to pay for the downgrade fee. 

Can you give this a try from a different browser and let us know if it works? 

fidocusto

Thanks for the answer. I tried Chrome and Edge  and the only plans that I'm being offered are the PLUS 7 and PLUS 15 plans. Actually, when I click Change Plan, the new page opens up on the BYOP plans but only for 2-3 seconds then those disappear and only bring up the PLUS plans. I guess I'll  havre wait to call a rep tomorrow.

Hey @fidocusto

Since you have trouble changing your plan online, I can take care of that with you here.

I'm sending you a PM to take care of this with you.

Talk to you soon Smiley

@FidoPierre I see it now I was trying it but did not see the BYOP plans but I had to scroll back on the plans till I get to the BYOP plans.