Trying to pay off my remaining phone balance online without upgrading phone

I'm a Participant Level 2 fidocusto
I'm a Participant Level 2

Trying to pay off my remaining phone balance online without upgrading phone

Hi. I'm trying to pay off my remaining phone balance online without upgrading my phone, the reason being is that I want to take advantage of a promo plan but I need to "bring my own phone". It seems the system only alows you to pay off your phone IF you upgrade, but I want to keep my phone. Can I do this online or do I have to go through a rep.? Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: Trying to pay off my remaining phone balance online without upgrading phone

Hey @fidocusto

These kinds of changes can actually also be done directly on My Account. Once you log into My Account and select ``Services`` > ``Mobile`` and to select your phone number. Once you do this you'll see a description of your plan and an option to change your plan. If you select a BYOP plan while you have an agreement it will give you a little warning in regards the amount you need to pay for the downgrade fee. 

Can you give this a try from a different browser and let us know if it works? 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 6
I'm a Legend Level 1
I'm a Legend Level 1

@fidocusto To payout your contract in order to switch to a BYOP plan you will need to speak with a Fido rep.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Solution

Hey @fidocusto

These kinds of changes can actually also be done directly on My Account. Once you log into My Account and select ``Services`` > ``Mobile`` and to select your phone number. Once you do this you'll see a description of your plan and an option to change your plan. If you select a BYOP plan while you have an agreement it will give you a little warning in regards the amount you need to pay for the downgrade fee. 

Can you give this a try from a different browser and let us know if it works? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 6
I'm a Legend Level 1
I'm a Legend Level 1

@FidoPierre I see it now I was trying it but did not see the BYOP plans but I had to scroll back on the plans till I get to the BYOP plans.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 6
I'm a Participant Level 2 fidocusto
I'm a Participant Level 2

Thanks for the answer. I tried Chrome and Edge  and the only plans that I'm being offered are the PLUS 7 and PLUS 15 plans. Actually, when I click Change Plan, the new page opens up on the BYOP plans but only for 2-3 seconds then those disappear and only bring up the PLUS plans. I guess I'll  havre wait to call a rep tomorrow.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 6

Hey @fidocusto

Since you have trouble changing your plan online, I can take care of that with you here.

I'm sending you a PM to take care of this with you.

Talk to you soon Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 6