cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring voicemail message outside of FIDO network

didi202
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello, I need your help. I need to save a voicemail message as an MP4 and send it to outside of the FIDO network. How can this be done? This is time sensitive. Thank you for your recommendation.

4 REPLIES 4

fcarter452
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Play voicemail messages on a speakerphone and then record it?   Are you serious?!  That's not a FIDO service.

It's 2023, FIDO - time to recognize that some customers want good quality copies of voicemail messages LEFT FOR THEM. 

I want to keep and share copies of my elderly mother's voice calling me formt eh nursing home, my daughter's recited poem, detailed instructions, or a recipe.  Like email, voicemail mesages belong to customers and they should be able to download and keep them in an accessible media format.

Hello Fcarter452,

I do understand wanting to keep certain voicemails. What phone and voicemail service do yo have? If you have the iPhone Visual Voicemail or the Premium Voicemail-to-text services, you might be able to save a copy of those voicemails (see here and here).

With Fido's Voicemail-to-text service, in addition to receiving the transcript of voicemail, it also provides an audio recording (amr file). You should be able to save the attached .amr file to your device.

Unfortunately, if you don't already have the Visual Voicemail or Premium Voicemail-to-text features, I'm not aware of any means of saving already recorded voicemails from their system other than previously described.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Didi202,

Welcome to the community!

If you have access to a computer and a male-to-male 3.5mm audio cable, you can also save the voicemail(s) without having to play them through a speakerphone (see here).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

NaliniR
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @didi202,

Welcome to the Fido Community! 

You can try a few options. 

You can play the voicemail on speakerphone and record it on your computer or a voice recording device.

Play it on speakerphone and use a voice recorder app on your phone and record it. 

Depending on the phone you have you can install a call recording app and record it while you are listening to the voicemail.