Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top-up frustration

Sailor83
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3
Click here

Fido recently changed the data top-up feature so that it automatically recurs every month until it's cancelled. I can't help but feel like this is just another ploy to squeeze more money out of your customers. My husband and I are both extremely busy. It's easy to forget to cancel a top-up and that's what recently happened. I called to cancel for my husband, who was busy and wasn't sure how to do the cancellation. Even though I'm the primary account holder, I couldn't cancel his top-up over the phone. He had to do it by texting some code word to Fido from his phone. He was traveling outside the country at the time for work and of course got busy and forgot. He did eventually get around to it, but a new billing cycle had just started, so too late, we got billed for another month. I'm just not a happy customer lately. Very frustrated.

3 REPLIES 3

LetMeIn2
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Can we have the option to remove add ons from the fido account website?

Hey @LetMeIn2

We replied to your post concerning this here.

FidoSaira

Hey @Sailor83,

I am sorry to see this is how you feel about our service lately. That's definitely not the experience we're looking to provide our customers you can rest assured of that. We will forward your feedback to the team in charge too.

The data top-ups have been recurring for some time now. It is also indicated in the text message when you add that the option is recurring and will need to be cancelled before the new cycle begins in order to avoid any renewal. 

The top-ups are non-refundable due to the fact that we cannot reverse the additional data once it has been added on your account. So it's important to cancel them at the right time. That said, I can definitely relate to the fact of how easy it is to forget when we have so much to do in our day to day life. The good news is that you can cancel a top-up at any time during your billing cycle (a day after) and still use the data from the data top-up you just cancelled during your current billing cycle. The change will take effect on the first day of your next billing cycle only. In other words, you don't need to wait and cancel on the last day of your cycle and run the chance of forgetting it altogether.

The data top-ups are a self-serve options, but it is definitely possible for the account holder to request the removal of the top-up via customer care too. We do apologize for the misinformation. 

Let us know if you have any other questions.