Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The amount of bill in Aug is $2,710 because of Facetime app

Thomas21
I'm a contributor level 1

Hello, how are you?

I have got the august bill which amount is $2,710 (my usual phone bill is $30) because the facetime app has a little glitch. To simplify, on facetime app, when you click "call" before the facetime feature uploads (it takes 2 seconds), it leads to a regular international call. But the reason that I realized now is apple did use the same term "call" not facetime audio so the users believe that you connect the "free" facetime call even though you are paying a tremendous fee of international call. I have video/images captured that explain this situation to prove my point.

I used facetime app to connect the family overseas without paying any international call fee but because of the app misleading people, it resulted in me having this amount of bill that is 2.5 months of rent, which will lead me to have a bad credit & debt.

I really wish I could speak to the person in charge of bills caused by this situation in Fido. I spoke to the representative / his supervisor on the phone but they said there is nothing that they could do.. but I hope you understand my situation with generosity and give me a chance to speak to the person in accounting receivable department so that I can get a bill that is affordable.

I apologize for knowing it very late and putting you through this difficult situation. But I really hope you put yourself in my shoes and help me out.

Thank you for your time. Hope to hear from you soon.

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Thomas21,

Welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear about that awful surprise on your bill. I do understand the stress of receiving an unexpected bill of that amount. However, why are you expecting Fido to reduce your bill? By your own account, your international calls were made via the networks.

@Thomas21 wrote:..because the facetime app has a little glitch. To simplify, on facetime app, when you click "call" before the facetime feature uploads (it takes 2 seconds), it leads to a regular international call. But the reason that I realized now is apple did use the same term "call" not facetime audio so the users believe that you connect the "free" facetime call even though you are paying a tremendous fee of international call. ..

@Thomas21 wrote:..but because of the app misleading people, it resulted in me having this amount of bill....

I understand you did not intend on making those calls via the networks. Unfortunately however, they were connected via the networks. The long-distance calls were made using Fido's cellular services. Why should they be responsible for an Apple glitch? If it is indeed a glitch (and not merely a new Facetime design), have you considered contacting Apple? Any malfunction of their app would be their responsibility, not the mobile providers' responsibility. If it was a glitch, perhaps they could compensate you for their malfunctioning app.

I understand you've been trying to reach Fido's accounting department and to escalate your issue. However, I'm not sure what they can offer. Whether you intended to or not, your phone did make those International calls. If the calls are on the system, they would be included on your bill. If you are unable to pay that full amount, you might consider contacting Fido's Credit Operations to make a payment arrangement.

I'm sorry if my reply seems harsh. I do understand how stressful this situation must be for you.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoKenny

Hello @Thomas21

We would be happy to go over your account with you to see what was discussed so far.

I'm sending you a PM to get this looked into. Talk to you soon. 

Thomas21

Hello, as one of moderator advised me through DM, I contacted the fido chat and they transfered me to the department that collects pay even though I specified that I would like to speak to the accounting receivable department.

Anyway so on that department, the representative gave the number saying that I can speak to the person in accounting receivable department, which I found it was the generic number. 

Again, I am trying to go through different representatives over the same issue that cannot help me transfer to the right department. I have been waiting for 45 mins to speak and the line was cut. 

Please help me to speak one of the responsible members who can investigate my bill & situation. 

I have been speaking to more than 8 representatives and no one is escalating this issue to the upper management. Please if someone reads this, please give the way that I can speak to the right department.

Thank you so much for your time and help in advance.

Have a nice day.