Text To Home Phone charge

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3
I'm a Participant Level 3

Text To Home Phone charge

I am a happy Fido customer with 3 cell lines. I have been pleased with Fido service until I saw a charge of 0.25c for Texting To Home Phone. It was simply a mistake on my part to text to a landline instead of a cell line, but this kind of mistake is very common especially when you pull a contact with more than one numbers from your contact list and chose the wrong number, and I am sure that this is likely to happen to anyone. Texting to a landline triggers some sort of service that result in a 0.25c charge. I strongly think that there should be a warning message when such attempt is made instead of "secretly" charging me 0.25c.

I have contacted Fido and got the 0.25c credit, but this is not a question of getting the money back or not, it is a matter of PRINCIPLE. This kind of mistake does happen often to anyone and Fido makes money out of it, not very ETHICAL.

Accepted Solution

Re: Text To Home Phone charge

Hey qvtt!

Welcome to the Community Smiley

On the first use of Text to home phone, you'll receive a text message to confirm the language to be used and the price of the service. In your case, it's most likely not the first time you use it which explains why you didn't get the text message notifying you of the charge. Also, first time use of this service is not charged because you know, mistakes can happen Wink 

If you prefer to block the feature permanently, then just send an email to support@telemessage.com indicating that you wish to block all Text to Home messages from your Fido phone number (include your number in the e-mail).

Once you send your email, all Text to Home messages will be blocked within 2 business days.

Hope this helps!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 23
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks for the suggestion, ronyb!

And, don't hesitate to spread the word about our Community to your friends and family so that they don't miss out on all the useful information that we have here! Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 21 of 23
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

KakaoTalk_20190616_220454735.png

I sent the message (E) because I thought there was no extra charge.

Please let me know to stop the service. I don't need any extra services.

Thank you.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 22 of 23
Highlighted

Hi @Kara0325 , welcome to the Community!

I moved your post here, you should be able to find your answer with the solution to this thread Smiley

The service in question is "Text to home phone", it charges $0.25 when you send a text message to a land line number that will be automatically converted to a voice message.

You can read more info on this service here.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 23 of 23