cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens if someone sends a text to Fido home phone?

be300x
I'm a participant level 2

I'm considering switching my cell phone to Fido home phone, just want know, suppose someone texts me, what happens?

Does it ring, do I get a fault, is it even delivered?

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Be300x,

Welcome to the community!

If someone sends a text to your number but you switched to the Wireless Home Phone service, I don't think the message would be deliverable as the service  is not compatible with wireless messaging or data services (see Full Details here).

Fido, at least at one point, offered a Text to Home Phone service. I'm not sure whether that service is still available. However, I don't think that feature will work with the Wireless Home Phone. I think the Text to Home Phone service is technically text to landline. On the other hand, the Home Phone service offered by Fido is a wireless service.

It should be noted that, if available, sending texts to a landline (home phone) is a 3rd party (TeleMessage) service which incurs additional cost.

If you wish to switch your mobile number to the wireless home phone, you would likely need to migrate your cellular service to the Wireless Home Phone service. If you would like to migrate those services, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hi @be300x. That's a great question that I don't know the answer to. Do you know anyone with Fido home phone? Perhaps you can try sending a text to them and see if it works and whether or not you get charged a fee to do it. Where I live, the service isn't available so I can't test it out for you. You could go to fido support Here and check it out. Or contact fidosolutions on Twitter to ask the question. Sorry I couldn't help, but the nice people at fido support will be able to answer that. Cheers and safe and warm holidays to you

be300x

Don't know anyone with the service... Anyone else have any idea?