I've been a customer of Fido for 10 years. And customer service seems to totally be oblivious of customers concerns and their needs.
The following events all happened within 7 days or less.
1) My mobile data stopped working out of the blue. I called customer service for help. Instead of helping me, the rep started on a sales pitch about buying a new phone. I had to stop them, and insist that we try to troubleshoot before buying a new phone. They apologized, and we tried a few things, but the problem was not resolved. I had to research on my own and fixed the problem.
2) I decided to upgrade my phone anyways since it was only $5/month. However it was a certified pre-owned. I got the phone within 5 days, but it arrived DOA, the USB port wasn't working. Online support said they would send me a new phone, and return label for the faulty one.
3) I get noticed from Purolator that the shipment was out for delivery. However, it is being shipped to the wrong address. First, the agent did not confirm the shipping address. Second, how is it being shipped to the wrong address, when the first phone was shipped to the right address? Third, I checked my FIDO account and statements, they all show the right address. So where did they get the wrong address?
4) I called support to have the address switched. The rep insisted the item was delivered, but I had to tell him at least 5 times that he is looking at the wrong order. It got to the point where I had to raise my voice, and he finally admit it his error that he was looking at the wrong order.
5) Displeased with the all the events aboved, I called retention to express my negative experience. Retention said they would add 3 Gb to my data plan. I told them this is not useful to me since I have 25Gb, but I never use it up. They said there's nothing else to offer. I asked if they can apply a credit or in-store credit for accessory purchase, they said no.
To summarize, within 7 days, FIDO customer service messed 4 times, and retention offers a useless compensation that I cannot use.
Please do better.
I've never been so screwed over when it comes to purchasing a phone. At this point I'm so set on leaving to someone else but I'm locked in becouse I just spent a grand on a phone that doesn't work properly and just keep getting the run around from customer service! Originally I upgraded to a Google pixel had an s10 for like 7 years great phone with fido no issues. So I thought it's time for an upgrade. Got the Pixel refurbished, when It came in it wasn't working properly. So I asked to exchange. After calling fido a few times and being held on hold every time... I finally got another phone S20 when that phone came in it wasn't working properly. So I'm now thinking their "Refurbished" phones are not refurbished at all! I tried to get that one replaced called a dozen times got held on hold and transferred at least 3 times each time and after an hour only told to call back another time. Once I even got transferd to Roger's, another time I got told to go into the Roger's store for an exchange only basically to get told I'm an **bleep**. Never in my life have I been treated like this by a company! So now I'm a thousand dollars in the hole with a broken S20 that never worked properly in the first place and I'm tired of calling explaing myslef and being screwed around. I'm honestly done the second my contract is up. So be worned DO NOT BUY THEIR PHONES. As for cell service they're reliable and cheap. Just hope you never run into an issue where you got to call customer service. All I wanted is a phone that works properly, I even have the extra warranty... Unbelievable that they would even allow for their customers to get treated this way!
Thank you for the details you've provided. I am very sorry to learn about all the back and forth you've been through. This isn't how we want your experience to be with Fido.
Rest assured that all our Certified Pre-owned (CPO) devices have been thoroughly tested by our certified technicians and are fully functional. If for some reason your device isn't working, you have a warranty. All CPO devices purchased through customer service or via fido.ca have a 30-day satisfaction guarantee. Devices purchased in a Fido store have a 15-day satisfaction guarantee. While I understand you reached out to Fido about it, were you able to get in touch since your message to us? And within the warranty period with Fido?
Past that, you also have a warranty with the manufacturer depending on the device you purchased.
If you're still with the warranty period, please reach out to us through one of these channels. We'd be happy to look into it with you.
Sorry to hear about your experience, that's definitely not what we aim for.
The order is usually sent to the billing address unless an alternative address is provided. If there's an issue with the address, we recommend that you reach out to Purolator to confirm the shipment.
You can also contact us to confirm the address and if possible, have the package redirected.