cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible Customer Retention

AB29
I'm a participant level 2

I've been a customer of Fido's since 1998, and today tried to switch my plan to one of the new promotional plans (there are several). Fido's competitors are also offering these exact plans, so I figured, as a loyal customer for over 20 years, it'd be relatively easy considering I'm not asking for any further discounts or special deals - just a plan anyone else could get coming in off the street.

I was told this was not possible, and in my shoes, the rep would also leave Fido.

This is not the first time I've experienced this disgusting lack of customer retention from Fido, and I am quite frankly tired of it.

For anyone looking to join Fido - the best offers you'll ever see from these guys are when they're trying to get you on board. Once you're a customer, you no longer matter to Fido. 

What a waste of 22 years. I'll be switching providers this week.

7 REPLIES 7

beezer123
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

same thing with me ...I have been a customer for over 20 years . I pay 77 plus tax for 15 gigs . my offer is 80 for 20 gigs . I have been on month to month since december / anyway , anyone off the street can get 20 gigs for 75 dollars . Spoke to customer rep and was told i should take 9 gigs for 50 dollars , then they would offer me a better deal . I just laughed it off . I will be leaving soon as i have a much better offer from telus . After 20 years of loyal customer you get charged more then anyone else. By the way we used to have 5 fido lines in our house hold and everyone is gone . I am the last one .

Hey @beezer123

We truly appreciate your loyalty, and we'd definitely be sad to see you leave after such a long time. Sad

That being said, we can go over your options together and hopefully find a solution to your satisfaction! 

You can reach out to us through any of the channels listed here.

Alternatively, we can also send you a PM through the Community if that works best for you. Smiley

JLAM234

The options you guys are offerring is basically asking existing customers to pay more than you offer to the new customers. Well done Fido.

AB29

Update: I called in to Fido today for one last try. The rep told me the plan was only available to new customers. I told him all the competitors are offering the same plan so if I can't get it here, all I'd have to do is switch. He said "yes, sorry". I then asked to unlock my phone so I could switch providers, and said it was very unfortunate that new customers get better deals and offers than loyal customers, especially of this long. All he said was "yes sorry". 

The rep made zero effort in trying to retain my business. I understand it's not his doing personally, but it goes to show how far Fido has fallen in terms of customer loyalty.

I'm in the process of switching to Virgin Mobile.

Good riddance Fido.

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

@AB29, I do have to agree with you; existing customers should be able to easily switch to this publicly available plan. However, Fido is focused on acquiring new customers rather than retaining existing clients. Fido does not gain from giving you more data and/or reducing your monthly fee. Fido would actually lose revenue. This is unfortuately not a unique practice to Fido alone. Consider the following: a bank offering to waive mortgage setup and appraisal costs to win your mortgage business. However, if a customer wishes to refinance their existing mortgage at their existing bank, fees are not waived. You did the right thing @AB29 by at least inquiring. All the best!

Hello AB29,

Welcome to the community!

To further what Nick67 mentioned above, the phenomenon you note isn't limited to Fido. Many of those competitor promotions also appear to be limited to New Activations only. While you might be able to avail of another provider's promotions, their current customers would not be able to get that same promotion.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Cm2017
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

the phenomenon you note isn't limited to Fido. Many of those competitor promotions also appear to be limited to New Activations only. While you might be able to avail of another provider's promotions, their current customers would not be able to get that same promotion.

Another way of saying this would be:  everyone else does it so it's ok that Fido is doing something that makes no sense.  Fido won't give you the plan you want now, if you want that plan you'll have to leave Fido to move to another carrier, and then we'll call you up in a few weeks and attempt to lure you back to Fido with the plan you wanted in the first place.

(I'm in no way directing any negativity towards anyone on this forum, my mild frustration is only directed at whatever level of the Fido bureaucracy thought that this is the way a business should be treating its long term customers.)

Peace,