cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary Suspension

omaralsamadi
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello. If someone temporarily suspends their account, what response do callers or texters receive when they try to contact that number? For example, do callers still get the person's voicemail, or do they hear another message notifying them that the number they are trying to contact is suspended?

4 REPLIES 4

mazimi
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I just can't find any answer to" how to suspend my account when I am on vacation"?!?!

Hello Mazimi,

Welcome to the community!

Fido does offer a temporary suspension for a reduced rate on eligible lines. You should note that the suspension is now only available for a period of 1 to 6 months. It should also be noted that the monthly fee for the temporary suspension may have increased since that post.

As far as I am aware, I think you might be able to add a temporary suspension via your My Account --> View Usage & Manage. From your Dashboard, the option to Manage temporary suspension is near the bottom of the page, under Quick Actions. If you are unable to do so online, you would need to contact customer service.

You should note that this is the community forum and not intended as a venue for customer services. We do not have access to customers' accounts and would not be able to add the suspension. If you wanted assistance adding the temporary suspension your account, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoVanessa

Hey @omaralsamadi!

The temporary suspension blocks all services, including voicemail.

The message callers would hear is "The customer you are calling is unavailable at the moment, please try again later".

I hope this answers your questions!

Great question @omaralsamadi , I don't know that answer and am also curious to find out. I hope someone can answer this for all of us. I believe it will be a not available or not in service message, but I cannot be certain on that.