Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telemarketing call?

kimberlyhou
I'm a participant level 1

Hi,

I've been receiving calls daily from the same number 1-844-277-6920. Sometimes 2-3 times a day for a week straight! When I answer, the caller hangs up. When I don't answer they leave voicemail where someone says hello? Then hangs up after. I have seen some posts saying this number is a scam pretending to be "Fido"? Is it Fido? How do I get it to stop?

63 REPLIES 63

zhangchq

I've received a couple of calls from this number within a week. It is really anoying.

Hey @zhangchq!

The number is from our outbound team Smiley Have you had a chance to answer the call to see what exactly they were calling for?

Let us know!

Krissp

4 years since when this was first posted... I am not the original poster but I get calls from this number all the time.

They just called, and I answered thinking it was someone else. They said hello after I answered, and then they hung up. They weren't transferring me, it was a hang up. 

You should probably check your system or your callers... also maybe stop bothing people during a pandemic but hey. 

HkPolarBear
I'm a participant level 2

Screenshot_2018-03-22-18-16-13.png

Screenshot_2018-03-22-18-16-00.png

HkPolarBear

Give me a break. I have to concentrate on my work to make enough money to pay the monthly Fido bill.  

Conconc679
If you call them back, you can remove your phone number from their calling list Smiley

FidoTerry
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community @kimberlyhou! Smiley

The number is indeed from us. It's odd the call disconnects afterwards however. If it happens again, let us know so we can send you a PM and see what's going on.  

Ademe016

I'm experiencing the same thing

Hey @Ademe016

Welcome to the community Smiley 

Are you receiving calls from the same phone number? 

If so, it is indeed our telemarketing team. 

jeovilan

so what is this call for?

A_Tang

This is happening to me too. They either leave a "hello" voice message or leave no voice message at all.

Hey @A_Tang

Welcome to the Community! 

That number is our telemarketing team! Once you answer the call, you are redirected to a live rep!

If it triggers your voicemail, the automated system will kick-in and you might hear an incomplete message. 

Amberpie

I keep getting calls numerous times from 1-844-277-6920.  Some times as much as twice a day. I've answered it a couple times and no one is ever on the line.  No voice message is ever left.  Why am I getting so many calls if it's from Fido?

Hey @Amberpie,

Welcome to the Community Smiley

You might be eligible for an offer which is the reason why you might be contacted more than once. 

If you'd like us to check out your account together, let us know and we'll send you a PM.

wgm777
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

My son has been getting these calls several times a week on his prepaid Fido cell. If he answers, is he charged for the incoming voice minutes?

@wgm777 wrote:

My son has been getting these calls several times a week on his prepaid Fido cell. If he answers, is he charged for the incoming voice minutes?

Hello Wgm777,

Yes, the calls will likely count as airtime for both prepaid and postpaid customers, if answered. In addition, listening to any voicemail messages left will also count as airtime for both.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

robz1

How do I get FIDO telemarketing to STOP calling me?   Or to get airtime credit for them wasting both my time and my air time?

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey robz1!

Welcome to the Community!

We can definitely remove you from our marketing list. This is something that needs to be taken care of through customer service. 

There are lot of ways to get in touch with customer service. Check them out here

Or, if you would prefer we send you a PM here, let us know and we'll shoot one over your way. Smiley

bananna

I've been registered on the DO NOT CALL list for 3 years and I still get calls from this number.

This is something that Fido should not be doing - especially when we all have to pay for Fido's unwanted telemarketing **bleep**.

Pull up your socks.

Hey @bananna,

I get your frustration and I'll be happy to remove you from our marketing list.

Ultimately, you can also block the number from your device if it's a feature that your phone model provides.

I'll send you a PM to get started Smiley

For future reference, check out all the ways to contact us for account specific questions.

ClienD

Are the telemarketing people allowed to ask for SIN or Bank account number for a promotional offer on Pre-paid?