Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscribe to 100MB Data Plan - $10.00 link doesn't work

plamenh
I'm a contributor level 1

Hi,

I'm using a prepaid service. When I turn on my mobile data and try to go to google.com for example I'm redirected to Fido data buy page, which contains 3 links:
Buy Data Week Pass - $5.00
Buy Data Day Pass - $1.00
Subscribe to 100MB Data Plan - $10.00.
The first 2 are working ok, but not the 3rd one.

Why is that?

35 REPLIES 35

plamenh

It passed more than a year since the first post and more than 50 messages exchanged with Fido support team explaining againg and again what is the problem. I got tired starting over with each support team member so I made a video - https://1drv.ms/v/s!AoabbSEVezB0mnP6Jq6RvQBfENlx of the issue.

After all that here is the official response from them:

"The first 2 options in your screenshot are Data Passes and when you don't have any data, you are redirected to the purchase page and asked to choose a Data Pass, therefore those 2 options can be added through there.

However, Data Add Ons (the $10/100 MB option), can only be added through the automated service when calling 611 or by speaking to customer service, therefore it will not work to add it through the Data Passes link."

I asked them to remove the 3rd option or at least put a proper message explaining what must be done but I don't expect to see it fixed any time soon.

Capture001_Comments.png

FidoJo1
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @plamenh

Thanks a lot for getting back to us on this Smiley 

Just to confirm a few things: 

• You need to pay both Monthly Service Fee on voice plan and on data add-on to be able to access the data service.
  • Your account balance has to be higher than the Monthly Service Fee on the date it’s charged.

We'll have to take a closer look at the details. You can reach out here or we can send you a PM.

Let us know what suits you best Smiley 

plamenh

I'm using a prepaid service.

Hey @plamenh,

I assure you that we're already looking into this and doing everything can we can to get it sorted out as fast as possible. 

We'll update the thread once we have more details.

plamenh

Hi,

More that year passed and still no solution for this issue.

Are you planning to fix it?

If not just tell me.

Hey @plamenh

You're still having the same complications with the 3rd link? 

Are you able to use the first two? Can you also confirm if you're on WiFi when you try clicking on the link? 

What happens exactly when you select the 3rd option? Do you get an error message? 

plamenh

Hi,

Yes, I'm still having problem with the 3rd link.

The first 2 are working properly. No, I'm not on WiFi, the whose point is to use those links to buy a data pass.

When I select the 3rd option my browser is going to

http://mobss.rogers.com/mss/preservicedetails.sa?service=FPMOBLBRW&language=en_CA

and says that this page doesn't exists.

Hi @plamenh

Valeska here taking over Smiley 

We would need to look into that together. 

I'm sending a PM your way in the next few minutes. 

Talk to you there! 

Jasadd
I'm a participant level 2

I was looking to get the 100MB addon too, but the link still seems to be dead. Did anyone figure out a solution to this?

Thanks

Hey @Jasadd

Welcome to the Community Smiley 

I will be happy to look into this with you. 

Just to confirm, was your WiFi off when you tried to follow the link? 

Also, does your balance cover the cost of the add-on?

Jasadd

@FidoPamela Hi,

Yep, I made sure WiFi was disabled, then went into my browser, got the three options and tried to subscribe to the 100MB for $10. The page would load and load and then it would give me the message "This site can't be reached". This was only for the 100MB option, as the 1 Day pass and 1 week pass links worked fine. I double checked and my balance should cover the cost of the plan. Also if it helps this on a galaxy Note8.

That's definitely odd. I will be happy to take a look at your account and see if we can find anything there. 

I'll be sending you a PM in the next couple of minutes. Talk to you soon Smiley 

Dungleaddress
I'm a contributor level 2

I have exact same issue. Do you have resolution yet if so can you share please?

No word as of now. If you want the data option, I can reach to you in PM and add it on.

Let me know if you'd like to go down that route Smiley

Dungleaddress

Hi FidoAlyson, Yes I would like to add this data plan monthly for my son, i dont want to give him so much but 100MB data plan is what me and my son agree. Thanks, and how can i get a hold of you?

I'll send you a PM Smiley

Dungleaddress

Thanks FidoAlyson, the last 2 numbers are ...14

Hey @Dungleaddress  ,

Did you get a chance to reply to the PM we sent out?

Dungleaddress

Hi Ranya, The phone is not with me right at this moment, can I reply after 4:30 PM today Mountain time? Thanks for very quick turnarround!

Do you think that I can subscribe from my online web account, I do have access to this account online and right now?

Send us a private message when you get the chance and we'll sort it out for you Smiley  @Dungleaddress