Shaw Academy Scam School

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

Shaw Academy Scam School

This school is a scam. They lie about accreditation. You cannot cancel and are auto billed. I complained to Fido who 'took this very seriously and escalated the call' and I never heard anything back. Disgusting that my own provider recommended me for a scam and I'm out 70$ as a result. I've let global news and city tv know seeing as Fido is doing nothing about it and continuing to promote it. Been a customer for over 10 years.  I'm buying out of my contract and going to Bell.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 18
Highlighted

Re: Shaw Academy Scam School

Hey @jdm-75

I'm sorry to read your experience with Shaw Academy was not a good one. Did you try contacting them regarding this?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 18
Highlighted

I hope you're joking. Over a half dozen times yes. You may have missed the part where I mentioned the school is an unaccredited scam so no, they would not help me. They scammed me instead.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 18
Highlighted

Hey @jdm-75

We team up with companies and merchants across Canada to provide new perks for our customers through the Fido My Account app.That being said, support is provided by the company or merchant directly. 

You can contact Shaw Academy using their email address:support@shawacademy.com.

So we can assist further, can you provide more information about the interactions you had with them? What did they tell you about your situation?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 18
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

omg I register for the Shaw Academy, so how can i Quit?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 18
Highlighted

Hey @yinchung_hk!

For anything Shaw Academy related, you can contact them directly: support@shawacademy.com.

Hope this helps. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 18
Highlighted

I am having the same issue with this fake Shaw Academy. It is a surprise that FIDO advertised it for several months, encouraging people like me to EDUCATE ourselves through a fake scam school, which survives on fraud. I cancelled my subscriptions with them 4 days ahead of the time of renewal and even checked it the day after to make sure it is cancelled. Then, I noticed that I am charged 70$ for something that I didn't ever sign up and use. I contacted the company and they offered me a GENEROUS option of 6 months of ENJOYMENT of their useless materials and that they cannot refund me because I DIDN'T CANCEL my membership!!!!

That is a lie and if I don't hear back from the company, I will also call CTV and Global news and whatever I can. It is not because of the money but I deeply feel insulted both by FIDO and this SCAM school of SHAW ACADEMY. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 18
Highlighted

And I am not quite sure why FIDO still promotes this school, when there is so many complaints either here or on other websites.......

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 18
Highlighted

Hey @Ali_M, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We always want to provide offers via Fido XTRA that our customers can benefit form and enjoy. With Shaw Academy, users of Fido XTRA get the chance to try out some of their courses for free and if you cancel your subscription charges should not apply.

You did mention cancelling it before it ended. When you did that, was any proof e-mailed to you to let you know? If so, we suggest getting back to them with that information. We do suggest you contact them again even if there isn't any, they are the ones who can review this with you and provide more info as on our end we only provide the promotional offer; anything dealing with the billing would have to be dealt with through Shaw Academy as it is their service.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 18
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

I signed up for the unlimited access through Fido and I've taken 3 different courses. I just accessed and started another one before my 90 days are up. I haven't had any issues, nor have been asked for payment. I will monitor my account with them. My experience so far has been very good, but it's only good until it's not. I'm sorry to hear that people are having troubles with it. Fingers crossed

If you liked my answer or I solved your problem please click like or solved.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 18