cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Visual Voicemail

Dearbhla
I'm a participant level 2

I'd like to set up visual voicemail (voicemail transcription so I can have my messages transcribed, to save from having to call and login every time), but when I look up instructions online, they say to go to the voicemail tab and click "Set-Up", but when I go to the voicemail tab, the only option I'm given is to "call voicemail".

can someone please provide direction on how to set it up?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

okbye

they want you to pay $7 (before tax) every single month for that. LOL!

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Dearbhla,

Welcome to the community!

Do you have an Android or iOS device? Fido used to have a Visual Voicemail app for android, however, it was plagued with issues and did not work properly. Fido discontinued the app and now provides a means of transcribing voice messages by sending them via MMS (Premium Voicemail-to-Text). IOS does still have their Visual Voicemail.

**edit** As mentioned above...** In order to receive a transcribed copy of your voice messages, you will need to get a value pack add-on. I'm not sure if the voicemail options are available as standalone add-ons anymore. Do you already have the value pack add-on?

If you already subscribe to one of those value packs, you might need to contact customer service so they can access your account to verify it is set up for those services. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they have verified some information, they can also access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Dearbhla

Thank you for your reply!

I think that might be exactly what's going on. I'll look into the Premium Add-On options Smiley

Best,

Derv

NaliniR
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @Dearbhla,

You will need to get a Premium voicemail add-on or value pack to get that feature working.

If you already have it and it still isn't working it could be the add-on was not added correctly and you should contact customer service to have it fixed.