Did you mean: 

Reward for Loyalty

Pheonix
I'm a participant level 3

Been with Fido since 2005. 

Currently I have two lines. 

$65/10gb + 5gb bonus 

I went to store and kids infront of me were getting $35/10gb first year, $40/10gb second year. Finally my turn came. I was told since I have been with Fido for 16 years that makes me unqualified for almost 50% off. Two lines? That didn't matter either. I said, I'll take my business someone else....ok sure.....Next!

My fault really. Maybe I am old fashion, or maybe my hospitality background has taught me that we treasure you older/Consistent customers.

Time to go. 

7 REPLIES 7

c95
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Good grief. The responses to the OP don't even make sense.

Pheonix

Yes it was very simple, lower my rate to market rate. If that involves changing the name of my plan I didn't care. I had no contract and I had paid cash for my phones. Loyalty department said there was nothing they could have done.  Notice my language, it's all pass tense. I wrote an rely earlier which got deleted. X-Files? It was nice knowing you all, albeit for only few days. I am happier now, but it's not here. Good luck to you all. 

Fido owner of two lines 2005-2021. 

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Pheonix,

Welcome to the community!

I understand the discrepancy is frustrating. However, I think the issue might relate to different plan offering models. I could be wrong, but it appears as though your plans are with the older subsidised system. Is that correct? If so, you should note that Fido has switched to a financed Payment Program model. Unfortunately, those two models are not compatible with each other. In addition, since the subsidised system is no longer offered, loyalty offers using that system are quite limited.

In order to qualify for any better loyalty offers, you would need to switch your plans to the new model. 

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Pheonix

You wrote, " In order to qualify for any better loyalty offers, you would need to switch your plans to the new model. "

I am not looking for loyalty offers or freebies. Just asking to get same rate as a Brand New person is getting. But Fido is telling me I am already a customer. I see 16 years as being a loyal customer, don't you? 

Ok so assuming I am on old Model. How do I switch to New Model? Fido won't let me. 

Hello again,

@Pheonix wrote:..Just asking to get same rate as a Brand New person is getting. ..

Apologies for my misunderstanding. You should also note that they might have gotten an incentive promotion only available for new activations (or possibly upgrades).

Again, if you would like to further discuss your options, your best course of action would be to contact customer service again to see if there is anything they can do. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Pheonix

First Thank you for your reply. But I do not understand what you mean. Both my phones were bought from Apple and Google stores. I paid cash for them. Fido did not subsidized anything. 

My plans are BYOD plans. All I am asking is to get the same rate as a teen getting a new plan with their BYOD. That is $35/10g. 

Why am I being punished for being Loyal ? 

My plan is 16 years old and possibly as old as the kids who are getting these plans. 

I want the same rate or I walk. I find this very disrespectful of Fido. 

Hello again,

Thank you for the additional information. As well, sorry for any confusion. I understand you may have purchased your devices outright and have BYOP plans, however, those plans are still under the old system. Unfortunately, any new loyalty offers are not applicable with plans under the old system. You would likely need to get a new plan in order to be eligible for any further loyalty offers.

If you would like to further discuss your options, your best course of action would be to contact customer service again to see if there is anything they can do. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers