cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refugee volunteer in Lesvos, Greece needs FIDO'S HELP!

jodiderkosn
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

CAN FIDO HELP SUPPORT A CUSTOMER DOING GOOD, ON THE FRONT LINES, IN GREECE HELPING REFUGEES?  

YOU ARE TURNING OFF HER PHONE! SHE HAS MONEY - A FUND, #BECAUSE that we have all helped fund and she can pay but you keep turning off her phone and it is seriously affecting lives!

Her name is Rory Aurora Richards and she is a very well known publicist in Vancouver, BC and has a very big following (and has been in all of the papers regarding what she is doing in Lesvos, Greece).

Here is today's FB post and she just posted that she spoke with an administrator and that it was rectified but I'm asking for more from you...it is such a good cause:

Dear ‪#‎FidoMobile‬,
Please turn the data back on my phone.
I am in Greece as a part of a search and rescue effort with refugees.
I need my phone.
I purchased a travel pack form you, and then another.
Apparently your clients only have the benefit of 2 travel packs.
After that, you cut my data off.
I tried to explain to one of your agents the circumstance of my trip and the importance of having access to my phone. I asked him to continue to give me travel packs and save me paying a fortune, but he said he couldn’t and that you would be charging me premium roaming fees from now on, and if that was okay with me, he would turn my phone back on.
I said yes, because I didn’t have a choice.
I am in life or death situations here. I had 18 refugees in my van at the time of the call. I said, whatever it takes, just turn my phone back on and never, EVER tun it off again without notice. He promised, that as long as I agreed to pay the final bill, he would turn it back on.
But then 2 nights ago my phone was cut off again while I was on night shift alone on the beaches.
Please understand that our emergency teams communicate through whatsapp groups.
We drop location pins to notify mobile teams of incoming boats and emergency sites, and send vm’s back and forth in whats app communicating our urgent needs and medical emergencies.
Access to data on my phone is essential.
When you cut my phone off that night you put many lives at risk.
I called that night from my van on the beach and spoke with one of your supervisors for over an hour.
She said she saw no reason why my phone should not be working.
I told her that Fido had sent me several messages saying my phone is cut off, so it should not be a surprise to her.
However she said it was, and she had no record of cancellation msgs being sent to my phone.
(See attached screen shots of messages received from your company.)
Not only could she not fix the problem…
she had no other future solutions.
Tough cookies.
An hour later I found myself alone with 50 refugees on the beach needing urgent assistance, including small children, and I could not notify my team of our location.
We were there for over 2 hrs.
This is a direct result of your inaction.
Tonight I work night shift again.
I have currently spent 2hrs on the phone with your staff and they still cannot fix the problem…
they have also informed me that I will owe you over $2000 in roaming fees on my text bill.
It would be a fraction of that if you had allowed me to continue to renew my travel packs,
but I get it…rules.
Only 2 per person.
The ridiculous amount of money I will owe you at the end of this trip aside,
why can’t you fix the problem and TURN MY PHONE BACK ON?!!!!!
In 3hrs I will start my shift.
I NEED MY PHONE TO WORK BY THEN.
Please, for the love of G*D.
Figure out the problem on your end and MAKE MY PHONE WORK!
#fidomobile

*Edited to remove personal info

2 REPLIES 2

Fletcherx
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

This is a tough situation, I wonder if there were talks of unlocking her phone and getting a local or european sim card while she's there. It's going both save her a lot of money and possibly a lot of hastle.

Hey jodiderkosn!

Welcome to the community!

It looks like we've already reached out to the customer to look into things. If there's anything you need help with, don't hesitate to reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter!